AmpFire is a preamplifier, distortion, power amplifier and speaker cabinet simulator in one. AmpFire contains 38 speaker cabinet models, 8 distortion/preamp models, 4 clean guitar amplifier models and an acoustic guitar simulation. Primarily designed for metal guitarists, they focused on metal guitar sounds instead of effects.
- Built-in Noise Gate.
- 13 Preamp/Distortion models.
- 4 Clean Amp Models.
- Acoustic Guitar simulation.
- 8 Distortion models.
- 3 band equalizer for every Preamp/Distortion model.
- 38 Amp/Cabinet models.
- Bass, Treble control.
- Loudness control.
- Separate Preset Manager.
- Over 80 Presets.
- Easy to use.
- Low CPU usage (less than 4% on P4 2.4GHz).
New in v2.4
- Advanced zero (low) latency convolution engine, ideal for cabinet simulation
- Internal IR file browser
- Supported file format: RIFF wave-files (.wav) (8/16/24/32-bit, mono/left channel stereo at any sample rate)
- Internal sample rate converting
- Auto-normalization (automatic volume compensation)
- Frequency response graph
- Separate dry/wet control (-inf .. +24dB)
- Extremely low CPU Usage
New in v2.3
- Built-in guitar tuner with a versatile range of tuning modes.
- Tuning modes: Chromatic, Standard E, Drop D, Open E, Open A, Open D, Open G, Standard D, D Suspended (DADGAD), G 6th, G Wahine and E Minor
- Bugfix for Noise Gate effect
New in v2.2.1
- The first version for AU and VST on Mac OS X is available.
- Both 32- and 64-bit versions are available for Windows XP, Vista and 7.
- 64-bit internal processing resolution.
- Completely new internal Preset Manager.
- Less CPU usage and better performance.
- Fixed some GUI bugs.
- Fixed MIDI input bug.
- Fixed denormal bug.
New in v2.3
- Built-in guitar tuner with a multiple of tuning modes
- Tuning modes: Chromatic, Standard E, Open A, Standard D, Drop D, Open E, G 6th, Open D, Open G, G Wahine and E Minor
- Other Tuning Modes: Standard D, G 6th, G Wahine and E Minor, D Suspended (DADGAD)
- Noise Gate effect bug was corrected.
New in v2.1.1
- Works on both mono and stereo tracks.
- Less distortion of the clean amp models.
- Another multi-core bugfix.
- Some minor bug fixes.