AmpKit from Agile Partners is an amp, effects and recording iOS app for the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
This is the free version, the full version AmpKit+ is also available in the App Store.
AmpKit boasts of haaving the largest gear selection among the amp sims applications available. It has 22 effects, 8 mics, 35 amplifier channels, 20 cabinets. Most of these AmpKit "'Gear" are available as add-on via an in-app purchase. They also offer cost-saving "Gear" bundles, like the new Summer ‘11 Pack with 4 new effect pedals, 6 brand-new amps and 6 speaker cabinets. Ampkit also has tons of presets - up to 100 at the time of this writing, which allows users for instant gratification, more time making music, less time working out their set ups. Ampkit also has recording features like mix down, background audio support, Audio Copy & Paste, and many more.
The free version of AmpKit comes with the following gear:
- Two ValveKing cabinets (4x12 and 1x12)
- Two mics
- Two effects pedals (Noise Gate, Elevenizer overdrive pedal)
- Peavey ValveKing amp (clean and lead channels)
- Audio Copy & Paste compatibility with other iOS apps.
- Quick access to the iPod music library for instant jamming.
- Transfer AmpKit recordings to your computer for easy sharing.
- AmpKit can now operate and produce audio when running in the background, while multi tasking.
- Realistic high-gain peadals and amps
- Simultaneously use more done a dozen effects at once
- Dual-stage amp simulation
- Effect placement flexibility
- Effects Only Mode
- Adjustable Mic placements
- 100 preloaded amp and pedal presets
- Personalize, create, modify and save your own presets
- Share setups or presets with friends.
- QuickJump feature: jump from one favorite preset to another
- Recording options: AmpKit can do both “wet” and “dry” recordings.
- "Re-amp" or re-record a previous session, will allow users to apply a new amp and pedals setup to a recorded phrase.
- Recording session mix down
Fuzz Pedal Roundup
New in v1.4
- AmpKit's best-on-iOS selection now includes 38 individually-modeled channels across 22 amps, 26 pedals, 23 cabinets, and 8 mics.
- AmpKit now has 132 presets.
- New model in AmmpKit's Gear Store: Ashdown ABM-900 Bass Amp
- New model in AmpKit's Gear Store: The London Century - Classic British Amp
- New model in AmpKit's Gear Store: Phase '72 pedal
- New model in AmpKit's Gear Store: Acoustic8 Pedal
New in v1.3
- Retina Graphics support for the new iPad
- Ampkit 1.3 Gear Store (in app purchase) includes three new additions
- New Rocktron Metal Planet Distortion
- New Rocktron HUSH Noise Reduction
- New Bass amp - Trace Elliot 1215
- 14 New Presets
- Extended support for digital guitar interfaces.
- Updated headset input compensation to support the new iPad (3rd Generation) and iPhone 4S.
- On multi-channel amps, setups now save the settings for all channels.
New in v1.2
- Dual-stage Amp Simulation for higher fidelity
- Adaptive Input Compensation for reintroducing lost bass frequencies
- Solo & Mix Output Shaping
- Next-generation Noise Gate
- 6 new Amps: Budda SD30, Fargen Olde 800, Fargen Super Collider, Fargen Hot Mod Baby Blues, Sultan Rack 88 and the Uber Xtreme 101
- 4 new Effects: Sonic Edge J&J Overdrive, Sonic Edge Tumbleweed Clean Boost & Compression, Rocktron Zombie Rectified Distortion and the Rocktron Cottonmouth Fuzz
- Presets now total 100
- New bundle introductory 80% discounts
New in v1.1
- AmpKit is now a universal app supporting iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch
- Full rotation support - works extremely well in both landscape and portrait modes.