Augustus Loop is a plugin that emulates tape-based delay effect, with some extra features to facilitate its use as a looping device.
- Really long maximum delay (3600 seconds - that's one hour).
- Tap length/tap record. You can set the loop delay time while recording your first phrase.
- Virtual tape. The delay simulates an old-style tape delay, meaning you can:
- Change the tape speed (i.e. pitch up and down)
- Reverse the tape direction
- Stop the tape
- Smoothly change the delay time (as if you were changing the head gap on a tape delay).
- Multimode filter and saturation in the feedback loop.
- Four feedback taps (left to left, left to right, right to left and right to right) with independent delay time and feedback settings, for ping-pong effects, stereo delays, etc.
- Pitch and filter LFOs.
- Loop length can be set in terms of the host's tempo setting.
- The plug-in can output MIDI clock messages to synchronise other applications to its loop.
- Automatic fades up and down to allow smooth transitions in your playing. It can even automatically clear the loop for you once it's faded out.
- Host transport-sync'd punch in and out when recording.
- 'Inertia free' mode suppresses the tape-like behaviour when changing delay times to allow seamless transitions between loop lengths (This is also the route to the popular 'multiply' and 'divide' features found on some popular looping devices).
Maintenance release v2.4.0:
- Various minor enhancements
- Stability improvements to the code shared with Silent Way v2.
New in Augustus Loop 2.3.3 :
- 64bit Windows VST support
Changes in Augustus Loop 2.3.0 include the following:
- Improved handling of mouse events (dragging knobs would temporarily freeze the host UI on some platforms)
- Improved accuracy of MIDI event handling