Band-in-a-Box is an intelligent automatic accompaniment program for your multimedia computer. You can hear and play along to many song ideas and go from "nothing" to "something" in a very short period of time with Band-in-a-Box as your "on demand" backup band.
Just type in the chords for any song using standard chord symbols (like C, Fm7 or C13b9), choose the style you'd like, and Band-in-a-Box does the rest. Band-in-a-Box automatically generates a complete professional quality arrangement of piano, bass, drums, guitar and strings in a wide variety of popular styles. (Jazz, Pop, Country, Classical and more.)
New in v2013b73
- 101 new RealTracks
- 50 new MIDI Supertracks
- 50 new features
- Save Track as Performance.
- Copy/Move Tracks command now works for all tracks
- Favorite RealTracks and Real Drums.
- Leadsheet window can now be resized
- New MIDI DXi synth (SampleTank)
- SoundCloud.com integration
- DropBox integration added
- Better bass fretboard playing for bass styles.
- More accurate MIDI Supertracks and RealCharts
- Better Intonation
- Various other improvements
New in v2012.5b357
- Bugfix for MIDI files from MIDI SuperTracks and some RealCharts were not showing correct durations in some cases.
- Bugfix for some RealTracks with simple variations still not showing in RealTracks Picker in some cases.
- Bugfix for some cases, after installing from a PG Music hard drive to computer (option 2 or 3), MIDI SuperStyles weren't showing up.
- Bugfix for some of the newer RealTracks artists not showing in the StylePicker filter.
- Bugfix for some specific situations, Band-in-a-Box would display a spurious "keep take?" message during regular playback.
- Improved some RealTracks Picker memos
- Updated: 2012.5 Help file.
- Added: 2012.5 User's Guide.
New in v2012b51
- BugFix for issue where MIDI was sometimes playing along with loops.
- BugFix for Songs saved with loops were not loading the correct audio file in some cases.
- BugFix for delay when the stop button was pressed.
- BugFix for Help menu item loads Band-in-a-Box 2012 full manual pdf.
New in v2012
- 50 enhancements and new features
- VST Synth support for each track
- Multiple synths playing per song
- Use VST Audio Plug-ins on each track
- Guitar Amp Simulator (AmpliTube CS)
- “Direct Input” (clean signal) Guitar RealTracks that you can put effects and amps on.
- “Loops” support
- Add MIDITracks individually
- 101 NEW RealTracks (Jazz, Country and Rock-Pop)
- “Band” button added to main screen
New in v2011.5
- Added 101 new Jazz, Rock, Pop and Country RealTracks
- Improved timing resolution under Snow Leopard and Lion
- Total of 20 new features
Changes in Build 26
- Added: Feature to display the current Chorus indicator on-screen. It displays (e.g. 3/5 or "Intro" "tag" or "end") where the total choruses are written.
- Added: On bootup, a reminder is shown if you haven't erased un-needed files, so that you can reclaim extra space. You can reclaim 65% of the space used by the RealTracks folder, which is 65GB reclaimed on a 100GB installation.
- Added: When erasing un-needed files, it now lists the # of files erased, and the GB reclaimed.
- Fixed: Some RealTracks memos not displaying correctly.
- Fixed: StylePicker was sometimes picking the wrong style if a filter was in place.
- Fixed: Chord fonts on main screen were messed up if screen was sized to wide and short.