Buze is a full featured modular music tracker that works with Linux (via Wine).
Buze is tickless and intuitive, it is compatible with a variety of plugin and file formats. A notable distinction of the Buze is its ableton-like envelope. You also have a number of workflow options including piano rolls, you can design custom pattern layouts, you have dynamic midi and audio routing and you can combine different pattern-resolutions. Like a standard DAW, you can use Buze for wave audio editing, midi controlling and more! You can utilize the multifaaceted Buze as a sampler, software synth, audio editor or sequencer.
Buze sports a no non-sense interface. Its easy to learn and will help you increase your musical productivity. The best thing about Buze is that its free, and it supports a gazillion of free downloadable instrument/effects such as the plug-ins available here at Hitsquad.com. All you have to do is download it, run it, get machines, get samples, and enjoy your free portable software studio.
- portable studio, no installer-software
- 100% pattern-based sequencer with envelopes and pianorolls ++
- Very productive since almost everything can be done using shortcuts
- *All plugins* can be switched between GUI or native buze-look, so you will not be distracted by massive GUI plugins.
- Supports a wide range of plugins for generating and processing audio, MIDI, value and note signals. 30+ built-in plugins
- Full undo/redo, configurable keyboard shortcuts and window layouts
Natively supported file formats:
- Supports VST, Buzz, Psycle, LADSPA and Lunar plugins natively
- Imports ARMZ, BMX, IT, S3M, MOD, MID, SID song file formats
- Wavetable can import WAV, MP3, FLAC, IFF and many more file formats. Features a basic wave editor.