Rock out with the way-out psychedelicious sound of The Combo Sister!
The great single transistor combo organ emulation for Windows compatible VST Hosts.
We examined in microspcopic detail the characteristics of Rheem Mk VII, Farfisa Compact and Vox Continental, which were used as reference for the sound design of the Combo Sister along with some new ideas for added creative potential.
The result is an instrument that is not merely a clone of a single organ model, but an original virtual instrument which captures the feeling of that fantastic retro sound and catapults that experience into the future.
Unique to this emulation is the ability to have a mix of the Vox + Farfisa sound! This is achieved by a combination of drawbars, timbre switches and oscillator bank selections.
Much scientific analysis has been carried out to design the several filters which shape the timbre of Combo Sister, even to the extent of a software simulation of original analogue schematics.
Combo Sister-it's a world of organ sounds to discover and an exciting source for you favorite audio processors. The rich harmonic content of her sound is ideal for processing, allowing you to evoke many moods and create an infinite pallette of luminescent tonal colours.
As you know, from past to present, transistor Combo Organs have been used extensively by these artists: The Animals, Status Quo, Doors, Pink Floyd, Sly Stone, Iron Butterfly, Smash Mouth, Madness, Elvis Costello And The Attractions, The Monkees, Manfred Mann, The Buckinghams, Dave Clark Five, XTC, Blondie, Klaus Schulze, and Jan Michelle Jarre.
- 2 oscillators banks: transistor enriched sine wave sound (for hammond imitator electric organs), transistor square wave (for buzzer combo!), extra Bass oscillators bank for 16' and 8' ranks
- 6 drawstops 16'; 5 1/3', 8', 4', 2 2/3', 2'; 5 1/3' can be switched to one of two higher ranks; 1 1/3' or 1' + 1 3/5'
- 4 timbre stops; Add (no filter), String, Reed, Flute
- Percussion: switch (special amplitude envelope)
- Sustain: switch (long release)
- Tremolo: with Rate and Depth knobs
- Vibrato: with Rate and Depth knobs
- Booster: smooth analogue saturator with switch and distortion amount knob
- Transistor: knob for electric click and analogue noisines amount
- Soft: tone smoother knob
- extra controls:
- Master Fine Tune: -+ 50 cents
- Max Voices Poliphony selection : 2 to 16 voices
- MIDI Velocity sensivity switch
- Render Quality switch
- help on-line with MIDI CC# map by the option menu
- the coolest presets ready to play
- 3D retro graphic interface
New in this version:
- Compatible with DirectiXer 2.5.
- Fixed a small internal isue that could crash some "obscure" hosts. Specialy on W98/ME.
- The Internal-Presets manager now shows the MIDI-PROGRAM number before the preset name. It also updates correctly while loading a new bank or sending a program change.
- CPU usage improved.
- Midi-Learn on the switches now works properly.
- Midi-Learn popup-menu shows on the exact mouse location.
- 100% Stability