Compadre is the result of more than one year of research, development, and countless hours of listening tests. The final product is a quality compressor that not only delivers a highly tuned sonic behaviour, but also drips with character.
Compadre is designed specifically for use on beats, drum loops, and other percussive material, and it does this with attitude and flexibility. Use it for subtle enhancements or heavy duty compression. While Compadre has been designed with drums in mind, its range of flexibility allows it to also deliver good and often unique performances on many other types of tracks; such as for example bass tracks.
- Feed forward RMS compressor with high quality characteristics.
- True stereo sidechain. (4 channel input; 1+2=audio, 3+4=Sidechain).
- High & low pass filters on the sidechain allowing frequency dependant compression.
- Further 9 filter models featuring presets with key frequencies for drum mixing.
- Optional BPM tempo-synced release.
- Unique and wild "Shaper" mode with choice between 7 attack/release curves.
- Choice between "Punch" & "Flatten" compression modes for extra flexibility.
- Adjustable low-level controls to fine tune the compression characteristics. ("Snap", "Linearity" & "Envelope").
- Dry/wet mix control allowing easy "parallel compression".
- Optional extra "Crunch" by enabling a built-in second compressor on the output stage.
- Optional limiter on output.
- Zero latency.
- 80 categorized presets included.
New in v1.5
- NEW: Optional BPM-synced release time.
- Fixed Dual/Multi core compatibility problems.
- Fixed minor bugs.
New in v1.1
- Lower CPU usage.
- Faster attack time (now goes down to 0.1 ms)
- Changed response for gain reduction meter & clip indicator.
- Fix: registration glitch causing the plug-in to sometimes appear unregistered.
- Fix: Weird panning behaviour in some hosts with certain material.