DSP-Quattro is a powerful sound editor for Mac OS X that utilizes the latest technological advances of computer-based sound editing.
- Universal Binary support: DSP-Quattro runs natively on Macs based on new Intel processors.
- Full support of Mac OS X Quartz graphic libraries.
- Immediate Cut, Copy &Paste, and undos/redos, no matter how much is the audio file long.
- Batch Processor, for automated file format conversion, plug-ins and additional processing.
- State-of-art Linear Phase Sample Rate Converter (SRC) algorithm with selectable quality options, applicable also on the PlayList export, for AudioCD-ROM burning and for BatchProcessing.
- Extended Altivec support for extreme processing and file I/O speed.
- Fully programmable PlayList with real time and non-destructive internal and/or plug-in effects and crossfades between tracks.
- Built-in audio CDROM burning capability that conforms to the Redbook standards.
- Each PlayList track may have its own real time internal and/or plug-in effect chain.
- Playlist and audio CDROM image files can be exported or imported compatible with Roxio Toast/Jam format.
- AudioUnit Instruments and Effects plug-in support.
- AIFF, SDII and .WAV mono/stereo sound files direct load/save support: 8, 16, 24, 32 and 32-floats bit/sample (the last allowed only for WAVE and AIFF file formats).
- RAW data files Import/Export (8, 16, 24, 32 and 32-Floats bits/sample).
- Import, by using QuickTime, of most audio file formats, including MP3, audio tracks from QuickTime movies and Audio CDROMs, and more.
- Advanced HD based High Speed audio engine, to play any audio files forward and backward, at every speed, without loading them in RAM memory.
- Plays audio files at pitches ranging from 0 to x2, including a speed ribbon controller interface. Audio scrub mode with audio monitoring. Reverse playback supported as well.
- Full Project management, to Load/Save a snapshot of the current configuration and all settings, as, for example, opened files, loaded Instruments, plug-in instruments, I/O configurations, etc.
- Complete list of editing functions, most of which have a real time preview option for the best parameters setting.
- Very easy to configure to play multiple - also at the same time - virtual plug-in Instruments by MIDI, also for live performances.
- Innovative Recording options, to record multiple inputs and outputs on HD in real time, also while playing Plug-in Instruments by MIDI and/or audio files.
- Zooms and visual tools, the state of art in graphic visual interface for audio editing.
- Left or Right independent channel editing of stereo files.
- Generic and Edit Markers support, with floating window interface for their management.
- Regions are supported. DSP-Quattro offers also an advanced graphic control on the Marker&Region tool window and several related functions for their management.
- Regions list can be exported as AudioCD Image compatible with Roxio Toast/Jam format.
- Infinite levels of Undo/Redo.
- Complete Undo/Redo history table, to immediately jump back to any moment of the editing session.
- High quality built-in digital effects, applicable both as real time effects on audio insert, and as an off-line editing algorithm:
- Digital Delay.
- Dual Digital Delay.
- MultiTap Delay.
- Resonant analog LowPass, HighPass, BandPass filter simulations.
- BandReject filter.
- 4 Bands full parametric EQ.
- 7 Bands graphic mono and stereo EQ.
- BPM tempo based Auto-Detection, Auto-Loop and TimeStretching algorithms.
- Resampling, Pitch Conversion, Normalization, multiple Fade In/Out features.
Drag&Drop support for fast loading, saving and exporting even regions of the audio files.
- Advanced floating window interface for Loop programming.
- X-Fade Looping algorithm fully programmable with real time preview.
- Multiple virtual Instruments and Effects hosting, for both real time live performances and off-line editing.
- Also Audio Inputs, Input Recorders, virtual Instruments can has their own independent insert effects.
- User can Save/Load/Copy/Paste the Insert and Global Effx chain, including all loaded plug-ins and their settings.
- Find Peak and RMS function with extended facilities.
- External audio devices fully supported, to address also multiple analog and digital inputs and outputs at the same time.
- Very easy to configure as Real time multi-effects unit, including Inputs to Outputs redirections.
- Full CoreMIDI drivers support.
- MIDI SAMPLE DUMP STANDARD (SDS) support.
Changes in v4.2.2
- Maintenance and bugfix release
Changes in v4.2.1
- Bugfix for a crash when editing a mono file with the pencil tool
- Bugfix for loading saved AudioCD layouts using the AudioCD layout file browser
- New PreRoll button on transport bars, and preroll default options on preferences
- Various other bugfixes
Changes in v4.0.5
- New Output Recorder GUI
- Improved compatibility.
- Various minor bugs have been fixed.
Changes in v4
- New commands and menus
- Improved Audio Editor
- AU cocoa GUI support and preset management
- External I/O device send/return internal plug-in module
- Improved Playlist
- Various bugfixes and new features, details here.
- Compatibility with Mac OS X 10.7 Lion.
- Miscellaneous bugs have been fixed.
Proudly sponsored by