The Drumaxx percussion modelling instrument gives you total control over 10 physically modelled drums that can be routed to independent outputs for external effects processing.
Drumaxx is not based on samples or even commonly used 'synthesis' techniques, where oscillators are mixed and the result is 'electronic'. Drumaxx is a truly 'modelled' drum, and not just a single drum, Drumaxx can model bass drums, hi-hats, snares, realistic and yes electronic sounds too. But what about the traditional 'Achilles' heel' of synthesis, cymbals? Drumaxx models cymbals & metallic 'ethnic' percussion instruments with ease.
At the core of Drumaxx is a model of the drum-head. Here the vibrating membrane is represented in a mesh of inter-connected of points, each given physical properties, mass, inertia, stiffness, damping and all that good physics stuff. For the musician, this means Drumaxx can model the drum-head with multiple parameters such as material, thickness, tension and even shape. More importantly the parameters can be modulated in real-time as a function of velocity or external controls. The drum body is also modelled, in terms of material, size, vibration damping and shape. All this gives you multi-dimensional performance possibilities, a Matrix of variables providing the almost infinite complexity & subtlety of hitting a real drum.
- 10 Physically modelled drum pads.
- Multi-output for individual effects processing on each pad.
- Huge range of modelling possibilities covering sounds from cymbals to kettle-drums.
- Velocity modulation matrix for detailed expressiveness.
- Integrated Step-sequencer with trigger-key playback.
- Integrated effects.
- Single-pad version 'Drumpad' available for tight integration with FL Studio Stepsequencer.
New in v1.2.1
- User interface behaviour improved.
- Problem with library drum patches loading wrong fixed.
- Now offers to load a drumpatch when clicking arrows on drum channels first time.