EST is the perfect mixture of phat-sounding hq-sampler and an advanced 12-row / 16-step-sequencer. The well-thought design with its clue editing and auto-composing features makes it easy to use, even for beginners. Professionals will find new inspirations and appreciate the modulation and automation capabilities. Live enthusiasts will love its midi-control features. The EST-Loop-factory comes as a VSTi-plugin, supports (optionally) multi-out and works well with every VST-Host.
The heart of EST is a 12*multitimbral sampler. Each sampler can be controlled either by your host, midi-in or the internal step-sequencer. The step-sequencer contains 128 recallable patterns, which are clearly organized in banks, programs and variations. Each pattern contains complete sequences with triggers, notes and automation-data for the 12 samplers.
New in 1.2:
- Sample loading has been completely revamped. Next/Previous buttons let you swap samples on the fly; or you can access your entire library with a hierarchical load menu that opens with a right mouse click.
- Once loaded, samples can be automatically sized to loop to 4, 8, 16, or 32-step patterns.
- Just like individual samples, complete instruments (samples plus all their settings) can be quickly auditioned in your instrument kit with a Load Next/Previous command.
- Instrument kits can now be reset with a single command.
- EST recognizes and loads patterns created in ERA.
- EST gets the same new sync engine that ERA gets. With chaining, patterns can be virtually any length.