Extreme DrumSynth is drum synthesizer capable of modeling a wide range of percussion sounds including acoustic drums, cymbals, synthetic drums and special effects.
The synthesis model provides an easy way to create a variety of sounds. An oscillator generates modes which are run through a flexible band pass filter and is mixed with filtered noise. Almost all of the parameters, including the oscillator, the noise generator and the filter parameters, can be swept with independent envelopes to create realistic or artificial drum sounds.
It includes randomization options which can make each hit sound slightly or radically different from the previous hit, to prevent the machine gun effect. There are also options to adjust the sound based on either velocity or CC values. These can be used to make loud hits sound different from soft hits or morph between different sounds based on a MIDI CC parameter.
- 16 pads.
- 8 outputs.
- Oscillator with up to 14 layers.
- Noise generator.
- 2 resonant band pass filters.
- Up to 10 mutex groups.
- 2 LFOs.
- Independent envelopes on most parameters.
- Patch randomizer.
New in v1.6.1
- Added a step sequencer with many ways to randomly vary patterns.
- Added mute/solo controls for each pad.
- Added sound blending - 4 different sounds on each pad.
- Updated patch randomization, now with an evolutionary mode.
- Added 300 pattern presets.