FMOD is the fastest, most powerful and easiest to use sound system on Windows and Linux and WinCE there is. Supporting 3d sound, midi, mods, mp3, ogg vorbis, wma, recording, geometry processing, cd playback, mmx, internet streaming, dsp effects, spectrum analysis, user created samples and streams, synchronization support, DMO FX, EAX 1&2, A3D 3.0, C/C++/VB/Delphi/MASM and MORE you cant go wrong!
In this version:
- 64 bit FMOD released! Now you can get true 64 bit cpu performance from the new fmod64.dll. This is an AMD64 build, for Windows XP64 and Windows Server 2003 only.
- FSBank now supports attributes per sound to be specified in script files. This way sound designers can set the attributes of samples instead of programmers.
- Randomization attributes added to samples through FSOUND_Sample_SetDefaultsEx. This allows a simple way to randomly vary sound effects volume/pitch/pan without having to write any code. FSBank script files support these as well.
- WMA/ASF/WMV decoding now runs through FMOD's software engine instead of dshow, so you can now do DSP processing and spectrum analysis on these files.
- SOUND_Stream_GetTime is now more accurate than ever, supporting millisecond accuracy (with FSOUND_HW2D or FSOUND_HW3D buffers) to make stream syncrhonization smoother than before.
- Many console specific fixes and updates for Xbox, PS2 and GameCube.
- Linux Latency fixes and FSOUND_Init stalls from bad Linux drivers removed. (i.e. Ensoniq 1371).
- Many cross platform and platform specific bug fixes.