FabFilter Twin is a synthesizer plug-in that focuses on three areas: uncompromised sound quality, creative and virtually unlimited modulation, and an adaptive, easy-to-use interface. The oscillators and filters, the most important building blocks of every subtractive synthesizer, are smooth and powerful and give Twin 2 its distinctive analog character, according to FabFilter. Complementing this is a comprehensive modulation system that lets you easily modulate almost any setting by a practically unlimited number of modulation sources, from XY controllers and programmable step sequencers to any type of MIDI data.
The Mac version comes in VST, RTAS, and AU formats.
To harness all this power, FabFilter Twin 2's user interface only shows the components that are actually in use. A clean and uncluttered routing diagram gives immediate control over the main synthesizer settings, while full access to all parameters is only a mouse click away. At any time, you can add new modulation sources or remove unused ones. Almost any parameter is a modulation target: simply use drag-and-drop to create modulation connections, which are conveniently grouped with the modulation source. The interface always shows which parameters are modulated and you can instantly view all related modulation sources and slots. With Twin 2's modulation system, it is easier than ever to add modulation or to find out how a factory preset works.
- Three oscillators with sawtooth, square, triangle, sine, and pink/white noise wave forms, ring modulation, hard sync, pulse width, phase sync, stereo panning and polyphonic portamento.
- Two independent multimode filters with 11 different filter characteristics.
- On-board delay effects section with two delay units and two extra multimode filters in the feedback loop.
- Clean and uncluttered interface that only displays the components that are actually in use.
- Drag-and-drop modulation system that lets you modulate almost any setting with the following modulation sources:
- Up to 4 XY controllers.
- Up to 6 XLFOs offering everything from classic LFO shapes to 16-step programmable step sequencers, per-step glide with adjustable glide curve, "snap" option that locks steps to musical notes to create arpeggio-like sequences, modulatable phase offset, and much more.
- Up to 6 envelope generators with graphic controllers and optional side chain input.
- Up to 4 envelope followers, triggering on side chain input.
- Up to 10 MIDI sources that let you use any type of MIDI data as a modulation source.
- More than 1600 professionally designed and categorized factory presets.
- The usual FabFilter goodies: fine-tuned knobs and controllers, section presets, interactive MIDI Learn, undo/redo and A/B switch, Smart Parameter Interpolation for smooth parameter transitions, an extensive help file with interactive help hints, sample accurate automation, AltiVec and SSE optimization and more.
Changes in v2.21
- Various minor improvements and bugfixes
- In FabFilter Pro-Q, Bugfix forAuto-Adjust Display Range feature
- Workaround for Maschine by NI bug for VST 2 plug-ins
- BugFix for interface issues on some hosts on Mac OS X
- Bugfix for possible crash on Mac OS X
- Workaround for resizing bug in Ableton 8 on Mac OS X VST plug-ins
- BugFix for incorrect MIDI message handling on Mac OS X
- Bugfix for graphical glitches when resizing the plug-in interfaces on Mac OS X
Changes in v2.20
- New Modulation button
- FabFilter Twin 2 can now remember which section in the component display is expanded in Wide mode.
- New keyboard section for Fabfilter twin 2
- Now support features in VST 3.5
- OS X version now requires OS X 10.5 and an Intel processor. They still offer previous versions for download for older OS X 10.4 or PowerPC support
- Now with GPU-powered graphics acceleration based on FabFilter Pro-DS
- Added mouse wheel support to buttons with pop-up menus
- Now lets you open Other Preset option to the presets menu
- Bugfix for compatibility issues with Adobe Premiere.
- Bugfix for bug where the mono AudioSuite plug-ins cause the Whole File option at the bottom to be disabled.
- Support for Steinberg's CMC-AI
- Various other bugfixes
New in 2.14
- AAX plug-in support
- Improved keyboard handling on Windows
- Fixing the "space key stealing" problem in Studio One and FL Studio
- Improved mouse handling behavior in Pro Tools
- Added more support for Pro Tools hardware control interfaces
- Easier automation in AU and VST3 format