The heart of the Filtatron is the Moog Ladder Filter; digitally modeled to approximate the warmth and character of Moog’s analog hardware.
It musically shapes the sounds supplied by the Filtatron’s on-board oscillator, sampler and line/microphone input.
- Moog Ladder Filter – Four pole resonant Moog Ladder Filter, with Lowpass and Highpass modes and adjustable cutoff and resonance parameters.
- Oscillator – A high-resolution, alias-free DSP oscillator with sawtooth and square waveforms, adjustable frequency from 0.3 Hz to 2kHz.
- LFO – Five waveforms: sine, ramp, sawtooth, square, sample & hold, with crossfade and morph between adjacent LFO shapes.
- Envelope Follower – Uses the volume envelope of sound inputs to sweep the filter, with controls for amount and speed.
- Amp and Delay FX Modules – Amp provides warm, smooth overdrive with feedback control. Delay can be modulated by its own LFO (with rate and depth controls) and delay time is smoothly interpolated for analog-style delay time tweaks.
- File Sharing – Easily move audio files back and forth between the Filtatron and your computer. Audio Copy and Audio Paste enables sharing audio between the Filtatron and other compatible apps. Built-in email function allows sharing presets with other Filtatron users.
- Record and Playback – All audio processed in stereo, 16bit, 44.1kHz resolution. Filtatron will record samples up to 10MB. Tap and Drag sets start and end points for seamless looping. Playback control can be adjusted from double-speed playback all the way down through zero to double-speed reverse.
New in v1.1.3
- iOS 5 compatibility update
New in v1.1.2
- Fixed: iOS 3.0-3.2 compatibility
- Fixed: was not using Retina app icon
- Fixed: was not using Retina pad cursors
- Price raised to $7.99 (but it's still great value)
New in v1.1.1
- Universal build for iPad, iPhone (all versions), and iPod Touch.
- Features glorious hi-res graphics for iPad and Retina displays.
New in 1.1.0
- New Filtratron settings panel in the Settings app allows you to change the audio output (speaker, earpiece or Bluetooth), sample rate, audio latency, and control response rate.
- Major upgrades to the Sampler: Now you can import any song in your collection into the Sampler, and record and play back samples of unlimited length.
- Pitch Lock feature for the VCO Pad control allows you to play a chromatic scale using the Filtatron oscillator.
Richard Devine test driving the Filtatron:
New in v1.0.1
- Very minor update corrects some text in the User Guide and Catalog; also includes a nicer desktop icon.