A real-time software synthesizer based on the SoundFont 2 specifications.
It can be used for live audio synthesis of MIDI events or for rendering MIDI files to disk, using SoundFont instruments. It can also be embedded in other applications.
List of applications using FluidSynth - you can have your application added to this page if you use FluidSynth.
- Cross platform support (Linux, Mac OSX and Windows to name a few)
- SoundFont 2 support
- Realtime effect modulation using SoundFont 2.01 modulators
- Shared library which can be used in other programs
- Built in command line shell
- Playback of MIDI files
New in v1.1.6
- Handle MIDI End of track events, ticket #101 (Matt Giuca)
- Prevent broken rendering after an voice overflow, ticket #100 (diwic)
- Enable long arguments where available (plcl)
- Linux: Prevent libdbus crash (diwic)
New in v1.1.5
- Autotools build resulted in the wrong version number for libfluidsynth.so
- One symbol was dropped from libfluidsynth.so - this symbol was not part of the public API though.
- Windows 64 bit: Wrong prototype declaration for MIDI
- Update Free Software Foundation address
New in v1.1.4
- Several improvements and fixes to the CMake build system
- Several bug fixes to the engine, notably quite a few which could cause FluidSynth to sound bad in some cases.
- API additions, that make it possible to
- load MIDI files from memory
- to inspect/modify MIDI events as they are being played from a MIDI file
- to change channels between melodic and drum mode
- and to silence all notes in one command.
- Improvements to the CoreAudio driver