Blue Cat's FreqAnalyst Pro is a real time spectrum analyzer with advanced functionalities. It uses the same smooth algorithms as its little brother (the freeware Blue Cat's FreqAnalyst): it has been designed to provide extreme smoothness and high resolution for both time and frequency.
The frequency analysis can be fine tuned in details: manage its precision and rate, apply an offset or slope to the measured spectrum. Two thresholding systems are available, and the time response can be changed thanks to the attack and release parameters. Three modes are offered for each channel: instant, peak or average response can be displayed on the same graph. Zooming capabilities and coordinates display let you exactly measure the characteristics of the spectrum.
The four memory slots let you store any curve in memory: it helps you make comparisons between several tracks or effects setup very easily.
A spectrogram view has been added so that you can monitor the evolution of the spectrum over time. All channels are of course available in this view, with exact coordinates display and zooming capabilities.
- Mono and stereo real time spectrum analyzer.
- Total control over the analysis parameters, with slope and offset correction.
- Smart interpolation algorithm for extreme display smoothness.
- Spectrum and spectrogram views with zooming and precise measurement capabilities.
- Instant, peak and average curves display for each channel.
- Save the curves for easy A/B comparison.
- Audio to MIDI and automation conversion: control any other effect or MIDI hardware with the
- frequency information exported as MIDI CC or automation curve.
- Opacity control for the skinnable user interface.
- Custom absolute and relative threshold control.
- Native DSP code for optimal performance.
- Skinnable user interface.
- DirectX and VST plug-in formats support.
- Smooth Update: silent (zipper-free) parameters update.
- Full automation support (all parameters can be automated, with smooth and continuous update)
- Real time MIDI control with advanced settings (MIDI channel and CC numbers, with complete response curve control) and MIDI learn.
- Any sample rate supported.
New in v1.9
- Improved user interface performance and increased graphs display refresh rate.
- Reduced memory footprint.
- Faster skin loading.