Featured in Hitsquad's recommended list of the best DAW Software
FL Studio is a full-featured, open architecture, music production environment capable of audio recording, composing, sequencing and mixing, for the creation of professional quality music.
Basic Overview of FL Studio Features
- Audio editing and manipulation including pitch correction, pitch shifting, harmonization, time-stretching, beat-detection & slicing, audio warping and standard audio manipulation (cut/paste etc).
- Automate most interface and all plugin parameters by recording, drawing, spline-based automation curves, automation generators with formula based control of links.
- Be hosted in other DAWs as a VST or connected through ReWire.
- Live music performance including video effect visualization.
- Mix and remix audio including apply realtime audio effects including delay, reverb & filtering.
- Multi-track audio recording.
- Record & play MIDI input recording from keyboards, drum pads and controllers.
- Sequencing and arranging.
- Synthesizer & effect plugin hosting (VST 32 & 64 bit, DX and FL Native format)
New in v12 beta4
- Feature Demo "I wanna be" - written and produced by Adam Szabo, cowritten, co-arranged and vocals by Johnny Norberg
- Plugin scanner can now use custom VST search paths.
- Download manager now opens interactive website
- More demos: Raubana - LIFE, Agnivesh ft Avinash - Bahane Bana Kar. Chris Bulman & Sarju Jagai - No Escape. Jose M. Berroa/ Dr. N.D.A - LP700-4 . Nine Loops - Keep it Simple.
- Various other bugfixes as reported
New in v11.1.1
- 64bit version of speech engine
- Now supports Novation Launch Control XL, Launchkey (performance)
- Now Supports Nektar Impact series
- Various bugfixes
New in v11.1
- Bugfixes for most plugins
- Image-Line Remote for Android (Google Play) and iOS (iTunes Apps) updated.
- MiniSynth free synth is included.
- FL Studio Mobile import updated.
- Updated Launchpad support
- Updated DirectWave import
- Bugfixes as reported since the last version.
New in v11.0.3
- Added CC parameters to ReWired
- New CoolStuff demo songs: "RadioactiveSandwich - Homunculus", "Fuego96 - SayWhat", "Fuego96 - TimeFlies"
- 38+ bugs fixed covering FL Studio, the plugin wrapper and plugins
New in v11.0.2
- Now supports Livid OhmRGB
- Now supports Behringer CMD LC-1
- Benn Jordan (The Flashbulb) Cool Stuff project - Cassette Cafe
New in v11
- Performance mode
- 199 Playlist tracks
- Midi input port now remembered when linking
- Playlist & Piano Roll improvements
- Right-click data entry
- Mixer improvements
- Plugin Picker
- More optional parameters
- 6 New plugins
- 5 Udpated plugins
New in v10.6.1
- Multi-touch support - FL Studio and some of its plugins now respond to Multitouch.
- Debugging code - This version contains code to help us track any bugs deep in the code.
- BassDrum - BassDrum is a Kick/Bass percussion synthesizer with sample layering.
- GrooveMachine Synth - 1 x Synth & FX unit from Groove Machine.
- Plugin picker - Right-click to open a plugin and its presets in the Browser.
- Harmor - Now supports Komplexer WT wavetables & 'Map audio regions to keys' with auto-dump to score for Slicex like drum handling
New in v10.5
- Performance Mode - Trigger Clips using your mouse, touch screen, typing keyboard or MIDI controller.
- New controllers supported - APC20/40, Launchpad, Block, MASCHINE / MASCHINE MIKRO, padKONTROL
- Unique controller MIDI input port - Controllers can now be assigned unique input & output ports for feedback.
- Linking includes MIDI input port - Links now use MIDI input ports to avoid conflict between controllers
- New Content Library - The content library has received a complete overhaul based on user input.
- Options > Project general settings > Play truncated notes in clips - Restores notes overlapping slice points in Pattern Clips.
- Horizontal/Vertical movement locking - Shift (horizontal lock) & Ctrl (vertical lock) when moving items.
- Piano roll click & hold functions - Glue notes, Mouse wheel velocity change, Mouse wheel tool select.
- Piano roll - Brush tool: Monophonic step mode (hold shift for old behavior). Chop chords: Strum & Articulate tools.
- Improved Tap Tempo & Fine control - Updated algorithm + nudge control for Performance Mode.
- Instrument Channels - Ctrl+mouse wheel on Channel button to change the mixer track.
- Stay open sub-menus - Right click to check several menu items without closing them.
- Plugin Picker - Start typing plugin names to highlight entries.
- Right-click data enter - Most controls now allow a Right-click option to type in values.
New in v10.0.9
- Added FL Synthmaker 2
- Updated Harmor
- Updated Patcher
- Updated FPC
- Updated Fruity Vibrator
- Updated Help file
New in v10.0.2
- A large number of fixes including a new New FLEngine.
Key new features in FL Studio 10
- 64 bit plugin support - The Wrapper now automatically detects 64 bit plugins and opens them in 64 Bit 'Bridged' mode.
- Horizontal / vertical zoom & scrolling - Improved Playlist, Piano roll & Event Editor.
- Improved memory management - Two changes have been made to lower demands on FL Studio's memory allocation.
- 32 & 64 Bit VST plugins can be opened in 'Bridged' mode. The maximum memory available to the plugin will be at least 2 Gb for 32 Bit Windows and up to 192 Gb depending on your version of 64 Bit Windows.
- Audio Clips & Sampler Channels Keep on disk option now opens the sample in a separate memory allocation. Each Audio Clip / Sampler Channel can now load a sample of at least 2 Gb for 32 Bit & 64 Bit Windows versions.
- Project Picker – Allows preview and selection of Clips in the Playlist & Patterns for improved workflow. Inter-Clip relationships are also displayed.
- Improved audio options - ASIO: 'Mix in bufferswitch' and 'Triple buffer' may improve performance with some ASIO drivers. ASIO/Primary Sound: Revised 'Playback tracking' options to help with alignment of visual & recorded events where soundcard problems exist.
- Autosave / Autobackup - FL Studio can now be set to back up the current project at 5 to 15 minute intervals. Never lose project data again!
- Fruity Edition – Now gains access to Playlist Pattern Clips for unlimited scoring and automation flexibility.
- Save as sheet music - The Piano roll Menu option File > Export as score sheet saves the current Piano roll as a .pdf in standard musical notation.
- Magic lasso - Circle mouse around Notes or Clips without clicking to make a selection. Time segment options - Beats has been added to Playlist: View > Time segments options. Time segments shade the background.
- Edit Ghost notes - Double Right-click on Ghost note or X1 button.
- Cycle Piano rolls - Shift + H or J cycles through data in Piano rolls.
- Vertical zoom - Vertical zoom now possible & notes include properties view.
- Note stretch handle - On note selection to rescale length
- Piano roll wave-display - Displays waveform behind notes to align notes to audio events.
- Piano roll & Playlist sync - Editing in the Piano roll while in Song mode will now move the Playlist transport in sync with the Piano roll.
- Ctrl+B - Duplicates selection, zoom-range, all (no selection).
- New note view - Rounded notes view.
- Resize Playlist tracks - Ctrl + Middle-click on Playlist tracks to resize them.
- Preview/playback tool in Playlist - Press Alt + Right-click to preview Audio and Pattern Clips.
- Time segment options - Beats has been added to Piano roll 'View > Time segments' options. Time segments shade the background.
- Lock Playlist tracks to clips - Right-click on Playlist tracks to lock and mimic Block-tracks.
- Shift + Mouse Wheel - Move Channels, Mixer Tracks, Playlist Tracks & Patterns
- Playlist Preview Tool - Play back clips by clicking on them with the Playback tool.
- Individually sizable Playlist tracks - Any or all Playlist tracks can now be resized by dragging on the divider between the name areas. Individual tracks can also be locked at a desired size.
- Live Playlist marker types - Playlist Time Markers can be set to Loop, Pause or Skip for innovative live performances.
- Ctrl+B - Duplicates selection, zoom-range, all (no selection). Mixer
- Larger mixer view & waveform metering - The Mixer View options include 'Wide tracks' and 'Waveforms'.
- Fully automatic PDC - The default for new projects, automatic Plugin Delay Compensation updates the PDC settings when changes are detected.
New plugins released with FL Studio 10:
- Newtone (demo) - is a pitch-correction and time manipulation editor. Slice, correct, edit vocals, instrumentals and other recordings.
- Pitcher (demo) - is a real-time pitch-correction, manipulation & harmonization plugin that can correct and create 4 voice harmonies under MIDI control from a keyboard or the Piano roll.
- Patcher (free) – save complete instrument & effect plugin chains as a single preset.
- ZGameEditor Vizualizer (free) – visualization effect plugin with movie render capability. The free open source ZgameEditor can be used to create visualization create objects for ZGameEditor Visualizer.
Lifetime free updates:
- Never pay for bug-fixes again - Customers who purchase a download edition of FL Studio through Image Line's online shop receive lifetime free downloadable updates. Free updates entitles the customer to all future updates of FL Studio according to level purchased (Express, Fruity, Producer or Signature Bundle). For example, all FL Studio 9 customers will be able to download their version of FL Studio 10, 11, etc., for free.
- Boxed Edition - Customers who have the Boxed version now also get lifetime free downloadable updates.
FL Studio for Android in Development