G-Player is a software "Giga player".
G-Player is able play large orchestral sound libraries. It can allow disk streaming, keyswitches, dimensions and layered instruments.
- No conversion required: Save time and disk space, G-Player plays directly all your Giga sound libraries without any conversion. Complex features such as dimensions, keyswitches and layered instruments are natively supported.
- Disk Streaming: Only the initial portion of each sample is loaded into the computer's memory, while the rest of the sample is streamed from the hard disk. This allows you to play instruments that are larger than the available memory.
- Easy Parameter Editing: The most commonly used sample parameters are directly accessible on the main window. For example, you can decrease or increase the release time of all the samples with just one knob.
- 24-bit Support: G-Player can play and stream 24-bit sample libraries and uses a 32-bit floating point audio engine.
- Memory Management: To reduce memory usage, all instances of G-Player will share the allocated resources and samples. If two G-Player instances use the same sample, it will only be loaded once.
- Multi-Layer crossfade: G-Player can play layered instruments with up to 8 layers of crossfade. Each layer's crossfade is defined by 4 points which precisely determine the fade in and fade out segments. This feature is used by the most prestigious Giga sound libraries and is natively supported by G-Player.
New in 2.0:
- The standalone version has 8 MIDI ports and is therefore able to support up to 96 MIDI channels.
- A 16 track audio mixer with built-in Compressor, EQ and support for 2 external effect plug-ins. All parts are now routed to the audio mixer.
- A new G-Sound utility that scan your hard drives and build a database of all your Giga files.
- The stack icon in the toolbar has been replaced by individual stack buttons for each part.
- The VCA and VCF can be adjusted for each part in a stack.
- The part order in a stack can be modified by simply dragging one part up or down.
- The built-in keyboard displays the notes played on an external keyboard or MIDI track.
- Each part has a new pitch transpose control.
- full multi OS 64 bit support
Proudly sponsored by