Genome MIDI sequencer is a pattern-based MIDI sequencer for the iPad.
GMS turns your iPad into a mobile brain for your media. With GMS you can easily manage and control your MIDI related apps and gear. You can easily sequence single pattern, or you can work on an entire 16 track song.
Genome MIDI Sequencer is created to work with MIDI accessories like the Yamaha i-MX1, Line6 MIDI Mobilizer, Alesis iO Dock, iRig MIDI, or a USB MIDI device coupled with the Camera Connection Kit (CCK).
- CoreMIDI, Line6 Mobilizer Mk I & II compatible
- Network MIDI for sending MIDI to other iOS devices and Macs
- Sends and Receives MIDI Clock Sync, Start and Stop events
- Also sends Note On, Note Off, Pitch Bend, Aftertouch, Channel Pressure and CC’s
- Pattern Based, pattern changes occur on bar boundaries so song stays in sync
- On screen keyboard interface
- Up to 16 simultaneous tracks, unlimited number of patterns
- Song / live modes
- Supports background operation for multitasking
- Record incoming CC’s and Notes
- Undo / redo for most actions
New in v1.1.1
- MIDI Learn. You can bind a MIDI note or CC to trigger any pattern or song step.
- Added Song navigation buttons (MIDI bindable). Rewind, previous, next and end
- Revamped pattern info dialog to add tabs and make more readable
- New Pattern Option: Launch Quantization for controlling when patterns can begin playing. Options are: 1 / 2 / 4 bars or 1/4th, 1/8th, 1/16th notes.
- New Pattern Option: One-shot flag. Pattern plays once then turns itself off.
- Genome can open .SNG files from email or another app now.
- Fixed issue where updating pattern name doesn't update pattern button text right away
- Fast Switch - fixed text length issues
What's New in v1.1.0
- Fixes for playhead visual positioning issues
- ‘Create’ option for Grooves (create a groove template from a pattern, such as recorded MIDI notes).
- Remix Pads
- File management – Delete, email, Open in… (for opening files in other apps including Dropbox)
- Improvements to Zooming
- New 'advanced' zoom mode
- OMAC App Fast switch
- Important Change: Genome’s virtual port is no longer ‘on’ by default. You have to enable it via the config menu.
- MIDI import bugfixes.
- Changed MIDI Panic button to an icon, and added it to the Pattern page too.
- Network MIDI changes to accommodate issues with Copperlan driver
- Bugfixes and stability improvements
What's New in v1.0.3
- Added config options for Audio Latency
- Added input channel filtering
- Added MIDI Echo for MIDI controllers