Giada is a free, minimal, hardcore loop player for Linux.
It handles up to 12 audio channels playable in a loop mode - loop machine way - or in a single shot mode - drum machine way.
Giada aims to be a compact and portable virtual device for Linux (and maybe for Windows and Mac in the future) for production use and live sets.
- Ultra-lightweight internal design
- Multi-thread/multi-core support
- 32 bit floating point audio engine
- Up to 12 audio channels controlled via computer keyboard
- Single shot mode vs. loop mode
- Bpm and beat sync
- Sample-accurate loop engine
- Patch-based system: load/save your setup from/to a binary file
- Based upon FLTK (GUI) and Alsalib (audio layer)
- 0% complexities or exotic dependencies: download the .tar file, unpack it and you're ready to rock
- 100% freeware stuff: you can use it without any limitations
Changes in v0.6.7:
- MIDI Development.
- VSTi (instrument) support.
- New Piano Roll widget.
Changes in v0.6.4:
- Resizable plugin parameter window
- New and standard package name format
- Implement RtAudio::getCompiledApi() to fetch compiled APIs
- Implement audioMasterGetSampleRate, audioMasterGetLanguage VST opcodes
- Add drop down menu for buffer size values in config panel
- Enhance project portability between OSes
- Lots of fixes and improvements for VST strings and parameters
- Avoid segfault when loading recs from a patch with files not found
- Always remember selected program when shifting up/down plugins
- Various bug fixes and other improvements
Changes in v0.6.3:
- Now with solo button
- Improved sharing facilities
- New 'Single Endless' channel mode for your drone music projects
- Improved GUI and other minor fixes.
Changes in v0.6.2:
- Redesigned Interface
- New volume envelope tool;
- Big enhancements in the action editor
- Zoom with mouse wheel
- Various other improvements and bugfixes
Changes in v0.6.1:
- Now supports unlimited number of channels
- Deep internal refactoring
- Mixer/GUI layers
- Always free Master In plugin stack on exit
- Bugfix for random crashes on exit
- Bugfiix for crashes when closing Giada with VST windows opened
- Various other minor bugfixes and enhancements
Changes in v0.6.0:
- Newly revamped Sample Editor
- Now with full screen support and zoom with mouse wheel
- Various other minor improvements.
Changes in v0.0.7:
- new peak meter with clip warning and system status report
- several usability and graphical improvements
This software is in a pre-pre-pre alpha stage of development and lacks of a wide range of basic functionalities which could make it hard to use. Please take a look at the README file inside the package to understand the direction of development.