Hipno is a hell-raising horde of audio plug-ins and virtual instruments for RTAS, and VST host applications. The Hipno collection, designed by Electrotap, features an irresistible mix of granular, spectral, and filter/delay-based plug-ins that feature the unique Hipnoscope morphing interface shown below.
Hipno's objective is to make advanced audio technology intuitive, powerful, and fun. You'll get the extraordinary features you've come to expect from Cycling '74 such as host synchronization and modulator plug-ins for automated parameter control. But Hipno goes a step further, adding plug-ins that can be controlled with motion tracking derived from a live webcam, XML preset import/export, and references instantly available from within each plug-in.
While immensely satisfying on its own, the Hipno collection also works seamlessly with the award-winning Pluggo and Mode plug-in collections from Cycling '74 to further extend your visionary signal processing and instrumental possibilities.
Details on the Plug-ins <?b>
Hipno is built using Pluggo technology to create over 40 plug-ins from video-controlled modulated delays to stunning granular sequencing effects. With such a diversity of plug-ins to explore, you might wonder where to start. We've color-coded the plug-ins to make it easy to explore those which may interest you most.
- Electric Blue: Granular Presence
- Deep Ochre: Spectral Mechanics
- Intense Green: Delays, Filters, and Hard-to-Categorize Effects
- Polished Cherry: Instrument Plugins
- Silver Slivers: Bus effects and Modulators
Some of the plug-ins included:
- Drunken Sailor: a variable temporal grain re-ordering and disorientation effects plug-in truly worthy of its namesake.
- Technifly: gives you an innovative envelope-style interface for sculpting funky host-synchronized synth loops.
- Shypht: a pitch-shifting effects system enlivened by pitch quantization, filtering, and feedback looping.
- Vtheremin: a virtual theremin instrument that uses a live video input driven by real-time video analysis.
- VcolorTrack: is a modulator plug-in that use color and motion tracking.
- Plus many more!
If you are installing Hipno 1.1.1 and also use Max/MSP then you must update Max/MSP to version 4.6.2.
If you are installing Hipno 1.0.4 and also use Pluggo then you must update Pluggo to version 3.6.1.
New in v1.1.1
- [Win] Now supports Max-4.6.2-built plug-ins.
- [Mac] Fixed problems with scanning the VST folders in AU and RTAS when a bogus plug-in exists in that folder.
- Fixed various crashes on multi-processor / multi-core systems.