iTunes lets you do the things your geekier friends are talking about, like converting music CDs to MP3 files (a.k.a. ripping), creating personal playlists, burning your own music CDs and listening to hundreds of radio stations on the Internet. iTunes lets you do all that and more.
With the friendly, intuitive interface you’ve come to expect from Apple, iTunes software makes MP3 music a truly Mac-like experience. iTunes turns your Mac into a nifty digital jukebox, one that can hold your digital music library, and that lets you play your favorite titles from your music CDs. You can also download music to your portable MP3 player and , thanks to the CD-RW drive that ships with the new Power Mac G4 , even burn your own music CDs with the click of a button.
Changes in v11.0.1
- Bugfix for iTunes Match and iCloud issue
- Library searching is now more responsive
- Ability to display duplicate items within your library
Changes in v11.0
- Redesigned player
- Seamless integration with iCloud
- Simpler and cleaner interface
- Redesigned iTunes store
Changes in v10.7
- Support for iOS 6
- Now supports the latest iPod nano and iPod shuffle models.
New in version 10:
- iTunes Ping: Discover new music by going social with Ping. Learn even more about your favorite artists and friends starting with their bios. See what they've been up to--even listen to 30-second previews of music they like. Find out when and where artists and bands are on tour, and check out photos and videos they've posted. With Ping, a community of the world's most passionate music fans is just a click away.
- A la carte television: Watch what you want, when you want, without commercial interruptions, and in HD. iTunes 10 features thousands of your favorite commercial-free HD episodes available to rent for just 99¢ each. Watch TV rentals on your iPhone or iPod touch, iPad, the all-new Apple TV, or Mac or PC.1 You have 30 days from the moment you rent an episode to start watching, and 48 hours to finish it.
- AirPlay: Tunes 10 and AirPlay make it simple to play your favorite music in any room or everywhere in your house. Without a hitch. AirPlay wireless technology will be arriving inside speakers, AV receivers, and iPod accessories--making it possible to enjoy your entire iTunes Library--every song and every playlist--in every room.
- Apple TV: The sleek new Apple TV has been completely retuned for your entertainment. It's 80 percent smaller than the previous generation. Which makes is perfect for sitting neatly on a widescreen TV stand or squeezing into a crowded media cabinet. But don't let its size fool you. Apple TV now gives you the world's largest selection of HD movies and HD TV shows on demand.
- Improved syncing: iTunes gives you even better ways to sync your media from your computer to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod. There's a new capacity bar that tells you exactly how much space you have left on your device in real time. And it's even easier to organize all your apps on all your devices because you do it right in iTunes. Shop the App Store on your computer, iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Then connect to your Mac or PC and go to your iTunes library to arrange (and rearrange) your apps and add or delete Home screens that sync back to your devices automatically.