Jalv is a full featured LV2 host for Jack.
It runs LV2 Plugins turning them into Jack ports - making LV2 plugins function as Jack applications. Jalv is a useful tool for hosting and testing plugins that are under development. It runs plugins from the command line with no user interaction, is light enough to run in valgrind, and is capable of dumping all plugin to/from UI communication in a human readable format.
For easier testing of plugins in hosts that use different toolkits, there are several Jalv executables: jalv, jalv.gtk, jalv.gtkmm, and jalv.qt.
Changes in v1.4
- Send time information to plugin when Jack tempo changes
- Group controls under headings if port group information is available
- Add spinbuttons for precisely setting control values
- Use a more efficient dense layout for controls
- Make URI map thread-safe, fixing occasional crashes for plugins with UIs
- Add menu bar and pass parent widget in Qt version for true UI embedding
- Support state:loadDefaultState
- Update to waf 1.7.8 and autowaf r90
Changes in v1.2
- Tuned UI update rate and ring size based on JACK rate and MIDI buffer size
- Now supports lv2:sampleRate control ports.
- Tolerate loading presets with port values that aren=E2=80=99t xsd:decimal
- Notify plugins of Jack transport changes by sending events(an atom:Blank with properties from the LV2 time extension)
- Refuse to instantiate plugins which require unsupported features
- Support LV2 buf-size extension (with all features)
- Add Gtk3 UI
- Port to MinGW
- Bugfix for Jack Session support