Jamstix is a virtual drum software which emulates a drummer within your sequencer/host. Other drum machines give static MIDI patterns, Jamstix on the other hand features a real time human simulation, like having a drummer, it even has the calculation of the time a drummers arm moves from drum A to drum B. This limits the sequence you can create to only grooves that can be achieved by 2 handed humans. It also allows for unique grooves and variations since the drum grooves are created based on rules and not on static patterns.
New in 3.50
- Added native 64-bit VST support.
- Added native 32-bit RTAS support.
- Improved Pak installer that supports installing multiple files at once.
- Improved AVLM sample selection logic.
- Cosmetic user interface changes.
- Improved mouse wheel support.
- Brain randomizer no longer affects feel settings.
- Optional song builder structure entry dialog box (for hosts that always intercept keystrokes).
- Sub-hosting removed, use MIDI routing with new key map support instead.
New in 3.5 Beta
- Native 64-bit VST host support.
- 32-bit RTAS support for Pro Tools.
- Updated graphical interface.
- AudioM8 replaced with direct audio input analysis.
- Sub-hosting removed due to complexities with future OS X and RTAS support, use MIDI Out instead.
New in 3.3.0
- Better interface load time
- Bugfix for 64-bit OS instability
- New licensing system
- Drumset mode changes
- Added 'Open Hihat' to brain element menu
- 'Save Groove As Style' added
- 'New Part - Create Intro'
- Added jamstix3.ini option 'AlwaysSync'
- 'Power' brain knob changes
New in 3.2.0
- The current bar can now be changed by clicking on the bar timeline, while in preview loop.
- Velocity offset for Jamcussion was added. While in JC mode, hold ALT and the song power knob will show this offset. Turn the knob for adjustments..
- Can now do a 'Send Whole Kit To MIDI Channel' function to kit menu.
- 'Position-Based Dampening' was added to the kit menu.
- The 'Global Actions' within the song menu can now enable/disable start crash and end crash fills
- The menus of Sound Selection now show related kit piece name
- BAR and Auto settings now save globally
- List brain elements were added to the menu
- Other bug fixes and new features are listed at Jamstix 3 website.
New in 3.1.0
- Various fixes for 64-bit hosts.
- Improved kit loading speed.
- Fixed freeze pauses while loading kit pieces and playing.
- Fixed ASIO overloads with GUI open for some users.
- Fixed intermittent CPU overloads for Cantabile users.
- The bar editor now allows full editing in preview mode.
- Kit piece hit animation is now also active in 'MIDI Out Only' mode.
- Multi-select in the bar editor now shows selection while dragging.
- Fixed JS staying as top window when mousewheel support is on.
- Pasting fill settings and style/drummer now works with multiple selected parts.
New in 3.0.2
- Added 'Compact Interface' support (930x600)
- GUI performance improvements
- Added Toontrack mappings provided by The_B
- Song builder now automatically assigns liveloop trigger notes
- Song builder now avoids parts with the exact same name
- Song builder now stores part and chorus length selections
- Mousewheel now alters velocity of selected bar editor events (hihat opening if CTRL is held)
- Added option to control pitch naming convention
- Locked notes now take priority over non-locked notes on the same tick
- Left-click on part in liveloop mode now triggers a part change
- Right-click on an event in the bar editor, when no other events are selected, opens content menu for that sound
- Fixed velocity map saving
- Fixed event pasting in Compact GUI mode
- Fixed events accumulating with repeated copying
- Fixed song looping option
- Fixed lock up when using brain accent randomizer or accent list arrows with certains styles or players
- Fixed downbeat events sometimes missing in MIDI export/drag&drop when using medium or high latency
- Fixed access violation when using 'Install Pak' or 'Load Plugin DLL' with 64-bit OS on certain system configurations