Lamenc is script to encode MP3 and Ogg Vorbis files with Lame.
Lamenc is not meant to compete with RipEnc. It is mainly meant for those with no internet connection, so there are no CDDA lookups. Since it uses Lame for all of its functions, it needs no additional external programs to work.
You need Lame 3.86 or better (with optional Ogg Vorbis support) to use Lamenc.
- Writes all ID tags to files
- Writes attributes to encoded files
- Sets MIME types to encoded files
- Makes indexes if needed
- Supports CBR, VBR & ABR
- Good filename and -path functions
- Supports MP3 & OGG Vorbis
- Can save settings
- Basic support for two processors
- Easy to use