Macaw is a program that implements a clip based MIDI sequencer, which drives a bunch of built in plugins, MIDI devices and VST plugins. It has a soundfont loader and wave editor.
The program is at a very mature stage and works fine for composing music and live playback of samples and plugins. The plugins and sampler and MIDI tracks can be played using the PC keyboard, or a MIDI keyboard or other MIDI controller.
- Unlimited tracks in unlimited nestable track folders.
- Sequence Audio and MIDI clips.
- Import and export MIDI.
- Import and export Audio.
- MP3, OGG and WAV formats supported.
- 8, 16, 24 and 32 bit PCM.
- Customisable sequencer theme.
- Share plugins amongst multiple tracks.
- Sequence to external MIDI devices.
New in v3.01
- Fix VST thread problems. Problem of stalling VSTs should be solved. VST now more reliable.
- Fix VST timing problems. Now sending correct PPQN to plugins.
- Fix plugin sync to host. Now syncing properly to host PPQN.
- Fix clear audio files bug.
- Improved theming - Now switch visual styles from selection of menu item.
- Improved instrument envelopes - More features for anti-click.
- Improved instrument sequencers - added step sequencers with 64 steps to the main instruments such as Ventura6 and universal.
- Fixed envelopes of Universal.
- Fixed value maps and XY controllers in Universal.
- Tested Universal more in Fruity Loops demo. Works good there and in Macaw.
- More presets.
- More waves per standard oscillator, including strings organ sound.
- New 20 oscillator additive synth.
- Improved piano roll behaviour with controller values for velocity.
- Improved VST automation.
- Added groove control to "groove" the timing of the Macaw sequencer.
- Added some buttons for picking random presets of the disk for all the main Macaw Plugins.
USB to MIDI Interface Roundup