MAGNETIC is a plugin that mimics the flavor of Reel to Reel Audio Tape, giving that analog warming effect used to get that old vintage tape sound.
It can inject sterile audio with the warmth and character of analog tape saturation and classic tube circuitry.
You can use the plug-in on individual tracks, or during mastering over the whole mix.
- REEL SPEED controls the speed of the virtual tape machine. Higher speeds give you more studio-quality fidelity; lower speeds sound more like a cassette tape. The DASH setting gives you the highest-fidelity of digital audio tape predominately used in the 80’s and 90’s.
- SATURATION gives different levels of tube and/or tape saturation effects. Recreates the warmth and character of classic tube circuitry and analog tape saturation.
- TAPE COLOR provides the highly sought-after sound of Natural, Vintage and Modern Tape Compression.
- LOWS controls the amount of low frequency equalization. Select the boost/cut frequency range with the Body, Warm, and Lush Settings.
- HIGHS control the amount of high frequency equalization. Select the boost/cut frequency range with the Detail, Focus and Brilliance Settings.
- BOOST switches on/off the built-in Mastering Limiter section. This incorporates multiple stages of limiting and a look-ahead brickwall limiter to deliver first-class peak reduction. Adjust the Gain and Ceiling Knobs to achieve High-Resolution Limiting.
- GAIN sets the threshold for the incoming signal. Higher settings result in a louder sound.
- CEILING sets the brickwall output level so that it limits all peaks above the number it is set to.
- VU METER shows the amount of limiting taken place when the Boost circuit is engaged.
- POWER bypasses the entire unit.
Here's the promo video:
New in v2.0
- Added 9 Tape Models
- Real Tape Model Mode
- Wow & Flutter Knob
- Magnetic Tape Color
New in v1.4.1
- Fixed issue on Magnetic that was crashing at startup - (PC Version - VST Format).
New in v1.4.0
- Fixed memory leak that was crashing hosts (MAC and PC, All Formats).
- BOOT control is now set to OFF when opening a new plug-in (Factory Setting).
- Fixed audio pops and clicks caused by internal buffers.
New in v1.3
- Removed internal DC offset option, the added DC option was causing problems to Magnetic and not required as Magnetic doesn't generate DC offset.
- Minor and global fixes for Mac and PC.
New in v1.2
- Mac installers now repair disk permission settings.
- Plug-in latency delay issue is fixed.
- Crash in Digital Performer, global Audio Unit problems fixed.
- Version number is now displayed in the plug-in window.
- Added DC offset option (not removable) - (Customers request).
New in v1.1
- Fixed plug-in didn't report correct latency information.
- Fixed crashes with Cubase SX3 and Tracktion 2 Windows XP 32bit.
- Fixed Bypass wasn't working on Cubase 5 for Mac and PC.