Mp3CoolPlay-X is a MP3 player that can play most popular audio formats, including Mp1, Mp2, MP3, Ogg, Xm, Mod, Oxm, Umx and Mo3 as well as streaming media from Shoutcast and Icecast servers. It comes with a build-in DSP engine, to apply real-time effects to your music; some effects come included, others can be added via plug-in. Additional features include playlist support, playlist export to HTML, bookmarks and more. Mp3CoolPlay-X uses the BASS sound engine.
New in v4.2
- Fixed a bug which caused the position-slider not to work after stopping an internet stream and playing a music file from disk.
- Now the song-time in mcl playlists is also added to the total playing time.
- Fixed a bug which caused multiple selected playlists not to be added to the playlist. Instead only one list was added.
- Now playlists are also added to list when using the 'Recurse' function found on the file add dialog.
- Added auto-reconnect for internet streams. If a stream is stalled for too long, Mp3CoolPlay-X will automaticly try to reconnect.
- Removed a bug which caused the tray-icon menu and the Windows taskbar menu to be opend at the same time.
- Added list randomization to the 'Playlist order editor' dialog.
- Now when the EQ is changed Mp3CoolPlay-X will show the value of the EQ slider in the main title scroll window.
- Added a different color to the current playing song in the playlist.
- Now when the playlist auto advances it will not jump to that position anymore. Now it's possible to search for items in the list even when Mp3CoolPlay-X jumps to the next song in the list.
- Optimized the 'Jump to..." function for large playlists. If a playlist contains more then 500 items it will not reaload the found items directly after another character is typed into the box, it will refresh the list only if no characters are entered for half a second.
- Optimized the 'Remove Entry' function. Now it only refreshes the list after the removed entry.
- Optimized the 'Scan list for dead files' function. This optimization is the same as the 'Remove Entry' optimization.
- Added a feature which lets you create CUE files from mixed music files. CUE files can be used to burn mixed music files onto a cd with track skipping support.
- Mp3CoolPlay-X can also load CUE files and will jump to the correct position in the mix which you select.
- Removed a bug which caused an annoying error everytime Mp3CoolPlay-X was started under Windows Vista. The error was caused because Mp3CoolPlay-X cannot write the file associations to the register in Windows Vista. I'am still searching for a solution to solve this.
- Removed a bug which caused list loading to be stopped when a corrupted time entry was loaded.