Music Lab Melody is designed to teach music literacy: the ability to read and write music, to know and sing sounds that are notated and to notate musical sounds that are heard, thought or remembered.
Included are eight interrelated units that develop the complete music student:
- SING teaches in-tune singing and pitch accuracy
- NOTES focuses on the staff, key signatures, notes and solfeggio (DO, RE, MI).
- NAMES concentrates on pitch recognition.
- ECHO teaches accuracy in rhythmic perception and response.
- PLAY teaches rhythm reading.
- NOTATE teaches rhythm writing.
- READ and WRITE combine all skills into successful sight-singing and melodic dictation.