Oxford SuprEsser is both a very highly-featured professional De-Esser and a Dynamic EQ. There is a simple mode for quick fixes, but also an advanced mode for increased functionality and fine-tuning.
The combination of an intuitive FFT display and three listen modes enables the user to easily see and hear exactly where the problem frequencies are, allowing the rapid reduction or removal of the offending audio. As well as being able to trigger the full band compression, the offending frequencies can be carefully carved out. Since the SuprEsser can operate at all frequencies, 'plosives' and other annoyances can also be removed effortlessly, making it more than a simple De-Esser. Additional features include Automatic Level Tracking, Linear Phase Filtering and a Wet/Dry blend control for final balancing.
- Transparently controls aggressive frequencies.
- Linear Phase Dynamic EQ.
- Automatic Level Tracking.
- Graphic Display (FFT) for increased accuracy.
- Full spectrum operation.
- Precise control over attenuated frequencies.
- Easy and fast to de-Ess in Simple Mode.
- Advanced Mode for ultimate control of Dynamic EQ.
- Multiple 'listen' modes.
- Wet/Dry blend for final balancing.
New in v1.1
- New format installer:
- Checks for presence and version of iLok driver.
- Auto-detects 32/64 bit operating system and installs relevant v5.8.5 iLok drivers if required.
- Checks for presence of Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 redistributables and installs if required.
- Checks for presence of iLok with correct licence before allowing plug-in installation. Avoids initial plug-in scan failure and resulting unavailability with some VST hosts.
- Option to specify plug-in and preset installation directories from default, if required.
- Log file: Installer-Log.txt file created during installation and stored in Program Files\Sonnox\Oxford Plugins\Logs. Useful to Sonnox support engineers should installation fail.
- Show Preset Name Path: Feature now fully operational.