QMidi is a MIDI/Karaoke player for the Macintosh. It can organize and play many types of media files, including movies and CD+G, and allows easy text and chords editing/synchronization. It features real time pitch shifting, time stretching and the ability to display karaoke and movie content in full screen mode, even on a second monitor.
QMidi has an intuitive user interface, which you will be able to use immediately. You can quickly make playlists of your favorite songs and play them sequentially. You can also use the library to organize your files similarly to iTunes.
QMidi Key Features
Supports MIDI formats 0 and 1 and any audio/video format supported by OS X Core Audio or QuickTime.
Native support for FLAC files.
Plays MIDI karaoke, MP3 ID3 lyrics, CDG, movie karaoke.
External text and chords display/edit/synchronization/merge.
Multi-page PDF files display and synchronization.
LRC and LRC+ file support and export. ChordPro file export.
Time stretch, pitch transpose, chord transpose with the ability to export changes.
Text karaoke and CDG to movie conversion.Music library and playlist documents.
Supports many foreign text encodings.
Karaoke text formatting with custom background image.
Remote transport using MIDI messages and AppleScript.
MIDI mixer, GS effects.
Supports OS X Core MIDI devices and Apple DLS Music Device (SoundFonts).
Italian and French localizations.
QMidi Pro additional features
Play audio/video and MIDI in sync. See this feature in action.
MTC (MIDI Time code) sync.
Changes in v2.3.10
- Bugfix for modifying and saving synced text while in edit mode.
- Bugfix for a crash that sometimes occurred when exporting as audio.
Changes in v2.3.8
- Exporting as movie: far better video compression. Format and compression settings are now user configurable.
- Using the return key to sync will now scroll the current sync to the middle of the window.
- Now using Windows ISO 1 encoding as factory setting (was Mac OS Roman).
- On OS X 10.9 Mavericks, synced PDF documents were not displayed/exported correctly. Fixed.
- Fixed an error ("The document xxx could not be saved"), which occurred while saving a file outside the home directory.
- Sometimes, after cancelling a quit, QMidi did crash when launching another song. Fixed.
- Sometimes, after exporting a file in a new format to the same directory, the original file was deleted. Fixed.
- Until version 2.3.4, smf "end of file" errors were ignored. Restored this behavior.
- Other bug fixes.