QMidi is a MIDI/Karaoke player for the Macintosh. It can organize and play many types of media files, including movies and CD+G, and allows easy text and chords editing/synchronization. It features real time pitch shifting, time stretching and the ability to display karaoke and movie content in full screen mode, even on a second monitor.
QMidi has an intuitive user interface, which you will be able to use immediately. You can quickly make playlists of your favorite songs and play them sequentially. You can also use the library to organize your files similarly to iTunes.
QMidi Key Features
Supports MIDI formats 0 and 1 and any audio/video format supported by OS X Core Audio or QuickTime.
Native support for FLAC files.
Plays MIDI karaoke, MP3 ID3 lyrics, CDG, movie karaoke.
External text and chords display/edit/synchronization/merge.
Multi-page PDF files display and synchronization.
LRC and LRC+ file support and export. ChordPro file export.
Time stretch, pitch transpose, chord transpose with the ability to export changes.
Text karaoke and CDG to movie conversion.Music library and playlist documents.
Supports many foreign text encodings.
Karaoke text formatting with custom background image.
Remote transport using MIDI messages and AppleScript.
MIDI mixer, GS effects.
Supports OS X Core MIDI devices and Apple DLS Music Device (SoundFonts).
Italian and French localizations.
QMidi Pro additional features
Play audio/video and MIDI in sync. See this feature in action.
MTC (MIDI Time code) sync.
Changes in v2.4.2
- When saving karaoke text on disk while in edit mode, synchronization was lost. Fixed.
- Non ISO Latin 1 characters where skipped when embedding lyrics in MIDI files. They are now replaced with the question mark.
- Sometimes, after cancelling a quit, QMidi did crash when launching another song. Fixed.
Changes in v2.3.10
- Bugfix for modifying and saving synced text while in edit mode.
- Bugfix for a crash that sometimes occurred when exporting as audio.