QSynth is a fluidsynth GUI front-end application written in C++ around the Qt3 toolkit using Qt Designer. Eventually it may evolve into a softsynth management application allowing the user to control and manage a variety of command line softsynth but for the moment it wraps the excellent FluidSynth. FluidSynth is a command line software synthesiser based on the Soundfont specification.]
New in v0.3.7
- French (fr) translation
- Reversed (mouse) scroll-wheel effect on dial knob widgets.
- Preparations for Qt5 migration.
- MIDI bank select mode control added to engine setup dialog
- Added include to shut up gcc 4.7 build failures.
- Make(ing) -jN parallel builds now available to the masses
- Bugfix for Makefile.in handling of installation directories to the configure script eg. --datadir, --localedir.
- Main window is now brought to front and (re)activated when clicking on the system tray icon instead of just hiding it.
- Debugging stacktrace now applies to all working threads.
New in v0.3.6
- Main window layout fixing with regard to its user preferred size and recall when system-tray icon is not enabled.
- Channels list preset items now activated on double-click.
- Desktop environment session shutdown (eg. logout) is now tapped for graceful application exit, even though the main window is active (visible) and minimizing to system tray is enabled. Both were causing first shutdown/logout attempt to abort. Not anymore, hopefully ;).
- libX11 is now being added explicitly to the build link phase, as seen necessary on some bleeding-edge distros eg. Fedora 13, Debian 6.
- General standard dialog buttons layout is now in place.
- CMake build system. It was silently available in 0.3.5, but now it is officially unveiled.
- Fixed a couple of dangling pointers.
- Mac OSX: Enabled the MIDI name Id option for CoreMIDI driver ports, added the icon to the app bundle.
New in v0.3.5
- Initial widget geometry and visibility persistence logic has been slightly revised as much to avoid crash failures due to wrong main widget hidden state.
- General source tree layout and build configuration change.
- Most modal message dialog boxes (eg. critical errors) are now replaced by system tray icon bubble messages where available.
- Reverb and Chorus parameter ranges have been revised to match and comply with fluidsynth back-end (libfluidsynth).
- Fluidsynth channel info and unset program interfaces are now in use where available (libfluidsynth >= 1.1.1, EXPERIMENTAL).
- Global configuration state is now explicitly saved/committed to disk when Options dialog changes are accepted and applied.
- Output peak level meters get their long deserved gradient look.
- Automatic crash-dump reports, debugger stack-traces (gdb), back-traces, whatever, are being introduced as a brand new configure option (--enable-stacktrace) and default enabled on debug build targets (--enable-debug).
- Added Czech (cs) translation, contributed by Pavel Fric.
- The channel preset selector (Channels/Edit...) has been seriously crippled for ages, only showing the presets of the last loaded soundfont, now fixed.
- Minimum number of MIDI channels allowed on engine setup has been dropped from the old value 16 to as low as 1 (one), not that it makes a difference, as (lib)fluidsynth internals just rounds it to the nearest multiple of 16 anyway.
- Cleanup to knobs source, simplified from redundant stuff.