Reaktor is a complete modular sound-design studio.
A complete overhaul of REAKTOR's interface delivers a new level in usability and improved workflow. The changes make REAKTOR 5.6's iconic creative potential easier to tap than ever before. The main improvements include:
- All windows of previous versions have been merged into a single window application
- Flexible window layout for customized workflow
- Larger fonts, more contrast in colors for better accessibility
- New bookmark system provides for fast access to important points in Structure
- Visual indication of keyboard focus
- Rearranged Properties and Sample Map Editor for increased consistency and usability
- Snapshot List streamlined with improved bank selection and editing
- Reworked Sample Player/Recorder, fully integrated with File Browser
- Master fader for input and output volume
- Central snapshot control in Main Bar
- Refreshed look of Panel elements (knobs, faders etc)
- Simplified Instrument header
The Fusion of Synthesis, Sampling, Effects and Sequencing
REAKTOR opens a universe of sound. It's a deep and powerful modular studio that sets no restrictions on creativity. More than 70 unique synthesizers, sound generators, grooveboxes, sequencers and effects are at your fingertips, with 3000+ more freely available in the Online User Library. Customize existing instruments, or create your own individual sound generator from scratch thanks to the fully modular architecture. REAKTOR 5.5 is a true playground for the creative mind.
REAKTOR is equipped with a vast library of more than 20 impressive and innovative instruments. Powerful samplers allow far reaching granular resynthesis and the innovative effects pave the way for profound sound manipulation. The stunning array of synthesizers delivers everything from rumbling basses to searing leads and beyond. The wide range of sequenced instruments and drum machines lets you create dynamic rhythms, melodies, chord sequences and more. From authentic emulations of classic gear to bizarre, otherworldly creations; from the conventional to the controversial REAKTOR delivers.
Superior Sound, Perfect Performance
Internationally known artists and designers have contributed to the extensive library of presets and instruments. Its unique sonic flexibility establishes REAKTOR as the ultimate tool for musicians and producers working in studios both large and small. A particularly fast and immediate control of the sound guarantees musicians on stage a lively and inspiring performance. The unrivalled sound is made possible by the REAKTOR Core Technology™ and new, highly advanced algorithms.
Building a Better Future
REAKTOR is also an extraordinary sonic laboratory, its modular design releasing you from the constraints of more conventional setups. The extensive library of macros and modules combined with REAKTOR's clear, uncomplicated interface turns the construction of sonic tools into an intuitive process. The instruments are now completely "skinable". All of the graphical elements can be fully customized, allowing totally individualized instrument design. The online REAKTOR User Library offers an extensive platform on which an ever-growing global community exchanges a vast number of instruments and ideas.
REAKTOR Core Technology
The fifth generation of this award-winning modular studio offers completely new dimensions in designing and producing custom instruments. REAKTOR Core Technology™ delves deeper into modular construction than ever before. Develop your own individual modules; build unique filters, oscillators and fully personalize your library. REAKTOR Core Technology™ benefits everyone. It is a visual audio development environment with integrated run-time compiler technology, allowing the creation of individual, high-performance low-level content.
- Audio Units
- RTAS (Pro Tools)
- Core Audio
To record audio you will need an Audio Interface: See our list of the best USB Audio Interfaces here.
New in v5.7.1
- New AAX plugin version
- Bugfix for caching issue with Core tables
- Bugfix for installer issues
New in v5.7
- CompiledCoreCellCodeCaching (improved loading times).
- Explicit Play and Edit Modes.
- Universal Wire Debugging Mode.
- Layout and Transport Changes.
- Fixed all sample map edit operation issues for all sampler modules.
- Fixed Grain Delay and Grain Cloud Delay related crashes.
- Loading .nrkt files from finder.
- Various other improvements and bug fixes.
New in v5.6
- 64 Bit support for Windows and OSX.
- Added breadcrumb navigation to structure.
- Improved navigation concept.
- Added searchbox (Win: Enter or CTRL-F, OSX: Enter or CMD-F) to add modules.
- New module reference and 5.6 manual addendum.
- Scrolling of structures with Alt+Drag over structure.
- Added hide frame and transparency property to XY module.
- Added drag copy to other structure view.
- Recorder shows recorded time while recording.
- Add abort function to file not found dialog on project recall.
- Improved loading time for ensembles with many Send/Receive terminals.
- PNG file support for picture modules.
- Updated start templates.
- Added shortcut info to tooltips.
- Miscellaneous bugfixes.