Rivendell aims to be a complete radio broadcast automation solution, with the facilities for the acquisition, management, scheduling and playout of audio content. As a robust, functionally complete digital audio system for broadcast radio applications, Rivendell uses industry standard components like the GNU/Linux Operating System, the AudioScience HPI Driver Architecture and the MySQL Database Engine. Rivendell is being developed under the GNU Public License.
- A complete GPL'ed radio automation system.
- Designed for efficient on-air use, with large, touchscreen-friendly controls.
- Up to three full automation logs may be operated from a single computer.
- Extensive support for live assist environments, with multiple SoundPanel arrays available at the touch of a finger.
- All configuration is done by means of point and click interfaces -- *no* arcane configuration files to edit!
- Support for both PCM16 and MPEG Layer 2 audio formats.
- Full support for both analog and AES3 digital audio interfaces, using high-quality audio adapters manufactured by AudioScience Inc. and the JACK Audio Connection Kit.
- Designed by radio broadcasters, for radio broadcasters.
- Completely free and open -- no dongles, unlock codes, software keys or other arbitrary limitations.
New in v1.7.2
- Fixed a bug in RDCatch that could cause upload/download event notifications to fail to update properly.
- Fixed a bug in RDAirPlay that resulted in zombie processes when using RLMs that fork new processes.
- Cleaned up the init script to make the 'reload' target more reliable.