Sidechain Gate lets you perform clever mixing techniques, by using a source track to gate a destination track. For example, you can use a complex hi-hat pattern in one track to rhythmically gate a synth pad in another track. Or simplify a busy bass guitar by gating it from a kick drum track (so the bass guitar is only heard when the kick drum sounds).
What's more, Sidechain Gate is easy to use, and works in almost any audio software package - even those that do not directly support side-chaining***. It only takes a few mouse clicks and you're up and running.
- New gating algorithm that delivers an authentic analogue sound with low distortion.
- Easy to set up multi track side-chaining, independent of any host routing.
- Also works as normal channel insert effect.
- EQ and Shape controls in the side-chain permit radical & fine tuning of the plug-ins' dynamic response and character.
- Dual metering for clear visual feedback.
- Listen mode to monitor side-chain signal.
- Full MIDI control, with easy to use MIDI Learn.
- Full 64 bit internal resolution supports any sample rate up to 192kHz.
New in v1.1
- Feature: Added Gain control to allow manual gain make-up and fine adjustment of the output (compressor only).
- Feature: It is now possible to connect multiple "receive" plug-ins to each Universal Sidechain.
- Bug fix: fixed intermittent crash when Listen switch selected.
- Bug fix: OS X installer was not working for users lacking admin rights.