SignalScope Pro provides tremendous flexibility when it comes to viewing audio signals in real time. Dual signal displays can be configured independently for a variety of visualization options. View single or dual-channel output from two analyzers simul- taneously, or arrange a single analyzer for viewing dual-channel output with one channel in each display.
SignalScope Pro also adds octave and third-octave band spectral analysis, like a traditional RTA. The filtering is performed in real time by digital Butterworth filters, as recommended by ANSI standards. This offers results superior to synthesized fractional octave band filtering using an FFT.
Also new to SignalScope Pro is frequency weighting based on the standard A and C frequency weighting curves. These curves were developed to mimic human perception of loudness at low and high sound levels, respectively. Weighting can be applied to the time-domain input signals before spectral analysis is performed, or applied to the results of a previously computed FFT magnitude.
New in v3.05
- Bugfix for halted live updates of bar meters
- Bugfix for a bug that could potentially cause the app to crash.
New in v3.0
- Improved user interface.
- Up to two tools of each type may be added to a project.
- User preferences are available for individual tools.
- Default audio device configurations, including channel labels, units, and sensitivity can be saved.
- Virtual input channels can be added to audio input devices. Two-channel signal arithmetic (add, subtract, multiply) is now supported.
- Arbitrary FFT lengths may be specified in FFT-based analysis tools.
- The Spectrogram supports log frequency scales and real-time 3D spectrogram display.
New in v2.1.9
- Output channels of certain multi-channel audio interfaces, such as the MOTU UltraLite mk3, are properly enumerated.
- Audio device channel gains on certain devices, such as the Wavelength Proton USB DAC, are properly restored when opening project files.