The main idea behind Soniformer is a spectral balance. A perfectly balanced mix can be seen on a spectrum analyzer as a smooth spectral curve with minimal number of peaks and notches. There can be some deviations from this rule, but generally it always applies. Soniformer uses compression to adjust the spectral balance of any sound material being processed in a way that its spectral curve fulfills the aforementioned rule. Thus, Soniformer could also be called a spectral compressor.
Every parameter of Soniformer is defined by means of a graphic envelope which is freely-modifiable and which may contain up to 32 control points.
Soniformer implements both compression and expansion, which allows a variety of different sound structures to be created, including classical tape compression, unobtrusive bass expansion, and general mix compression. And it all sounds pristine! One could say that Soniformer brings a classical warm analog compression to a digital workstation. This is true, because even at very subtle compression settings, Soniformer brings a strong feel of a professionally balanced mix. In fact, Soniformer allows the user to perform professional sounding mastering in a budget environment. Spectral balance is almost a universal thing, and every mastering engineer has to master it, while Soniformer brings it the easy way. Soniformer's adjustments of the spectral balance actually reveal details of the mix being processed.
- Spectral compression technology
- Envelope-driven parameters
- 32-band spectrum analyzer
- Mid/side processing
- Gain change meters
- Stereo linking envelope
- Stereo width envelope
- Two level detector types
- "A-to-B" comparisons
- Factory presets
- Mono-to-Stereo, Stereo-to-Stereo processing
- Sample rates up to 192 kHz supported
- Native assembler DSP code
- 64-bit internal precision
New in v3.2
- Oversampling filter type "Min-phase/Lin-phase" switch added.
- Global "Auto Oversampling Level" 1X (off) option added.
- Graphics drawing performance improved.
- Level meter's "density mode" look improved.
- Control point on underlay envelope deletion bug fixed.
- Control surface crosshair option added (can be switched off in the global options).
New in v2.6
- Access violation error on systems with >2GB memory solved.