SoniqWare SG-1 is a professional stereo spectral noise gate packed with high-end features that you will find very useful for most noise reduction needs, including hum, hiss, vinyl, tape, or background noise reduction. We hope that you will enjoy this product. SG-1 operates in the frequency domain using a frequency dependent noise threshold, called noise profile. When the noise profile matches the spectral content of a background noise on your material, SG-1 provides accurate noise reduction with similar behavior than other high-end noise reduction gear.
Other threshold profiles may be used for creative adaptive filtering purposes. The profile can be captured from the audio signal using the capture and timeout controls. The profile can also be designed from scratch in a parametric fashion using bias, slope and parametric equalizer controls that are operated on the graphical display. Real captured profiles can also benefit from this equalizer section for fine tuning. Besides, the noise gate can be controlled accurately through several parameters, including the noise reduction amount, the gate knee, the attack and release times, and the spectral resolution.
Faster dynamics and higher spectral resolution allow for very sharp action on specific noises. Slower dynamics and lower spectral resolution allow for minimal distortion of the musical/audio signal itself, and behaves closer to traditional noise gates. Default settings for those parameters will provide convincing noise reduction with minimal degradation on most material. You can at any time listen to the input or output signals, as well as to the removed noise signal. The large graphical display shows the input, profile and noise spectra in real-time. Finally, the interface also allows to store and retrieve programs. SG-1 also allows to use host automation features and handles all professional sample rates
- Spectral noise gate / noise reduction.
- Capture noise profile from audio data.
- Noise profile parametric eq: bias, slope, one low-shelf and two bell filters.
- Design noise profile from scratch.
- Noise reduction control range: 0 to 48dB.
- Gate knee control range: from hard to soft knee.
- Attack control range: 1 to 100 ms.
- Release control range: 10 to 1000 ms.
- Spectral resolution control range: from single band to high spectral resolution.
- Graphical display: input, profile and output signal spectra.
- Graphical edition of noise profile parametric eq using colored handles.
- L/R vu-meter with hold peak and clip readouts.
- Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 & 192 kHz.
- Stereo operation.
- Load/save programs and banks, including noise profiles.
- VST automation of all parameters.
- Silent controls.
- Use of SSE/SSE2 instructions.
Changes in v1.2
- Code optimization.
- Bigfix for several memory leaks, including leak in online noise estimation mode.
- Bigfix for: pressing Default button now resets Bias, Slope, Flat and EQ controls too.
- Bigfix for that could sometimes create glitches and artifacts for some signals (log scale in gate).
- Bigfix for that could sometimes cause vu-meters glitches.
- Bigfix for issue with GUI knobs, sliders and combo boxes controls.
- Bigfix for issue that was causing some high-frequency online noise estimation inaccuracies.
- Bigfix for several minor GUI behavior inconsistencies.
- Several other minor bugs and issues fixed.