SooperLooper is a live looping sampler capable of immediate loop recording, overdubbing, multiplying, reversing and more. It allows for multiple simultaneous multi-channel loops limited only by your computer's available memory. The feature-set and operation was inspired by the impressive Gibson Echoplex Digital Pro (EDP). When used with a low-latency audio configuration SooperLooper is capable of truly realtime live performance looping.
The application is a standalone JACK client with an engine controllable via OSC and MIDI. It also includes a GUI which communicates with the engine via OSC (even over a network) for user-friendly control on a desktop. However, this kind of live performance looping tool is most effectively used via hardware (midi footpedals, etc) and the engine can be run standalone on a computer without a monitor
For a list of libraries required to run Sooper Looper from source code visit http://essej.net/sooperlooper/download.html
New in v1.6.10
- Fixed midi binding bug.
- Fixed bugs introduced in last release.
- dded option for stopping/triggering on MIDI song stop/start messages.
- Fixed issue with play sync, when rel sync enabled.
- Added Jack timebase master support.
- More midi messages supported, bugfixes.
- Fixed initialization of loop state after loading from session file.
- Added MuteTrigger command.
- Improved MIDI clock sync I/O.
- Fixed monitoring bugs.