Torpedo PI is a high end speaker micing simulator which simulates a cab/microphone combination, including speaker distortion, but also allows you to virtually move the microphone in front of the speaker cabinet.
It also provides a tube power amp simulator and a "shaping FX" section including low cut, EQ, exciter and compressor.
Torpedo PI comes with more than 30 vintage and modern cabinets, and a choice of 8 studio standard microphones.
If you already have a favorite speaker cab and microphone, you can measure them thanks to our Torpedo Capture software that will take care of all the processing and will output a TUR file for you to import into the Torpedo PI-101 to instantly find your sound without having to setup the big pile of gear.
Note that the PI-101 is also compatible with third party IR libraries.
A free version is also available: Torpedo PI-FREE
The Torpedo PI-101 is composed of the following sound processing sections:
- Power amp simulation with 8 different power amp topologies
- “Miking” section with more than 30 cabs and 8 studio standard micrphones available
- “Post-FX” section, including low cut filter, 5-band EQ, exciter and compressor
- BDeLuxe : Fender® Blues Deluxe 1×12
- 2Notes CSG : Two Notes Custom 1×12 – EVM12L
- Brit Std : Marshall® JCM900 2×12 – G12T
- Brit VintC : Marshall® Slash 4X12 – V30
- Brit VintO : Marshall® Slash 4X12 open back – V30
- Brit65C : Marshall® 1965A 4×10
- Brit65O : Marshall® 1965A 4×10 open back
- Watt FanC : Hiwatt® 2×12 – Fane
- Angl Vint : Engl® 4×12 – V30
- StrongBack : VHT® Fat Bottom 4X12 – P50E
- Free Rock : VHT® Deliverance 4X12 – P50E
- Free Rock2 : VHT® Deliverance 2X12 – P50E
- Calif C90 : Mesa/Boogie® 1×12 – C90
- Calif StdC : Mesa/Boogie® Rectifier® Standard 4X12 – V30
- Calif stdO : Mesa/Boogie® Rectifier® Standard 4×12 open back – V30
- Green Tri : Hughes&Kettner® Triamp 4×12 – GreenBack
- Forest : Elmwood® 2×12 – V30
- Watt FanO : Hiwatt® 2×12 open back – Fane
- The One : Brunetti® Neo1512 1×15/2×12
- XTCab : Bogner® 4×12 – V30
- Kerozen : Diezel® 4×12 – V30
- Voice : Original Vox® AC30 JMI 2×12 – “Silver Bell” Celestion
- Eddie : Peavey® 5150® 2×12 – Sheffield 1200
- Silver77 : vintage Fender® Twin Reverb® 2X12 – orange JBL®
- Two Notes Custom 1×15
- AZ Work : SWR® WorkingMan 4×10
- AZ Ben : SWR® Big Ben 1×18
- Fridge : Ampeg® 8×10
- Heaven Bot : Eden® 1×15
- Heaven Top : Eden® 4×10
- Marco : Markbass® 2×10
- Rea One : AER® Cab One 2×10
- Calif Low : Mesa/Boogie® 2×10
- Voice V125 : Vox® V125 2×12
- Royer® R121
- Beyerdynamic® M160N
- Shure® SM57
- Shure® Beta 52
- Sennheiser® MD421
- Electrovoice® RE20
- Neumann® U87
- Blue® Drangonfly
New in v2.0.24
- Complete display of Presets and User-Impulses folders in tree view
- Management of missing impulse files
- BugFix for CPU peaks when moving the microphone
- BugFix for preset compatibility between Torpedo Live, C.A.B., and PI-101 products
- BugFix for reading Aiff files
- BugFix for audio click in certain preset-change cases
- BugFix for sampling rate conversion on .wav-based .tur files
- Improved: typing in values for potentiometers
- Volume and Pan update when a channel is deleted
- BugFix for some minor graphical bugs
New in v2.0.22
- Bugfix for display issues on Mac (AU version).
- Available in three display sizes: S, M, and XL.
New in v2.0.20
- Bugfixes for various crashing bugs
- Improved display of Impulse responses
New in v2.0.12
- New procedure from the plugin.
- Enhanced power amp section.
- New pan law.
New in v2.0.10
- possibility to stack and mix up to 100 cabinets inside a single plugin instance
- stereo processing
- 3 plugin sizes
- various shortcuts to speed up the workflow
- plugin and cabinet models can now be updated directly from the plugin itself
- audio optimizations
- CPU optimizations