Trash is a 64-bit spice rack of distortion. For guitarists recording direct, Trash provides over 85 box, cabinet and speaker models -- ranging from standard amp classics to stacks to experimental designs. Combined with 45 overdrive and distortion models -- 12AX7 tubes, 6L6 tubes, transistors, fuzz, rectifiers, and more -- you can make Trash sound as good, bad, real or unreal as you want.
Trash goes beyond a typical "guitar amp simulator" effect, though. With multiband distortion, sweeping filters and emulations of classic delays it can be effectively applied to bass, vocals, drums as well.
- 48 distortion types ranging from tube overdrive to the fuzz of germanium transistors. Chain pairs of distortions together for sonic destruction at 64-bit precision, or split the signal into multiple bands and apply distortion independently to individual frequencies.
- Realistic modeling of 85 amp cabinets and speakers. Classics, combos, boutique models, stacks... a tone and character for any occasion.
- 36 filters that can be LFO or envelope triggered through a unique graphical display. Synth filters, resonant filters, classic analog filters and more.
- Multiband dynamics and gating to control the peaks and tame the noise.
- Trash the echo with a selection of classic lo-fi delays. Tape delay with saturation and nonlinear tape machine artifacts, tape-tube delay with added tube saturation modeling, classic analog delay with analog degradation and Lo-fi digital delay with quantization noise and aliasing.
- History and Undo features, dedicated preset manager with dozens of drum, guitar and bass presets, spectrum and level meters, and DirectX automation.
New in v2
- Redesigned audio engine
- New larger interface
- 300+ new presets for mangling synths, distorting guitars and more
- Improved visualizations
- Support for Pro Tools
- 64-bit Compatibility
- Output limiter
- New custom waveshaper
- New 60+ distortion algorithms
- Post Filter for each distortion
- Improved visualization
- Two new filter modules
- New Vowel Filter
- Sidechain Modulation
- Refined Filters
- Create patches and load impulse responses
- 100+ new redesigned impulse responses
- Improved visual feedback for the dynamics module
- New compression algorithm
- Supports Sidechaining
- New Dynamics Detection Filter
- Delay Impulse Graph
New in v1.14
- Added support for Unicode characters in the name of the preset folder.
- No longer supports OS X 10.3.9.