This software is no longer supported and can not be downloaded.
UpMix has been developed and tested by a team of surround sound professionals and utilizes proprietary algorithms to convert stereo audio into an immersive 6-channel mix suitable for film, DVD, HD broadcast and music surround formats.
The UpMix Plug-ins
The flagship UpMix plug-in provides the tools you need to create professional surround mixes from stereo source material. Additional utility plug-ins complement UpMix with useful surround mixing features such as image rotation and LFE enhancement.
In addition to the UpMix repurposing plug-in, additional plug-ins are provided for common surround tasks required by professionals:
- Rotator offers a means to move a 6-channel mix in a circular fashion -- allowing the point of view to follow the on-screen action.
- ReRoute lets you change the output channels of your audio to match your system's internal routing.
- FoldDown gives you the ability to quickly check your surround mix in stereo, with center channel and surround channel gain reduction.
- ReBalance is a simple set of faders for each of the surround channels.
LFE-6chan is a low-frequency generator/adjustor.
These tools provide an unprecedented level of control. When used as part of an engineer's toolkit, they can aid in the creation of a deep, immersive mix. UpMix is intended as a new kind of tool that increases productivity and ease in professional surround production.
If you are installing UpMix 1.1.1 and also use Max/MSP then you must update Max/MSP to version 4.6.2 (or later)
New in v1.1.1
- [Win] Now supports Max-4.6.2-built plug-ins.
- [Mac] Fixed problems with scanning the VST folders in AU and RTAS when a bogus plug-in exists in that folder.