CUBE 2 is a musical instrument and the ultimate tool for sound designers who wish to have instant and intuitive access to all principal components every imaginable sound is build from. Every sound can be decomposed in a sine spectrum representing the harmonic and inharmonic partials and a residual noise spectrum for the noise components.
The spatial character of a sound can be represented by a pan spectrum. The temporal evolution of these three spectra is a very convenient way to describe every sound. CUBE 2 is built around this model and allows you to manipulate the structure of a sound with all its components in a comfortable and musical way.
8 independent additive synths
- four morphable sound sources
- 512 partials per voice
- harmonic/inharmonic spectra
- arbitrary noise spectra
- morphable filter banks
- 3 Envelopes with tempo sync
- 64 time/level segments per envelope
- 2 LFOs
8 Effect racks
- standalone and plugin
- VST support
- Up to 8 independent outputs
New in v2.2
- Spectrum analyser vastly improved for inharmonic/noisy spectra.
- Sound bank “Art of CUBE” with 64 presets.
- Library with over 40 new analysed spectra.
- PC: manual morphing now possible again.
- Pitchbend problems fixed.
- Ableton Live: Crash on VST scan fixed.
- Ableton Live: GUI refresh problem fixed.
- Pre VST 2.4 host compatibility improved.
- Freeze problem with analysis mode “Noise” fixed.
- Pitchbend/Modulation wheel on GUI exchanged.
- Mac: File dialogs remember last location according to file type.
- Modulation of Brightness via Modwheel fixed.
- Intel based Macs: Overdrive effect couldn't change type.