Crunchessor is a general-purpose track compressor in audio plug-in form. One of its main advantages is the ease of tuning, which at the same time instantly delivers an excellent sonic performance. Another remarkable feature of Crunchessor is its valve-type processing, which is applied in parallel to compression. This makes Crunchessor an ideal choice for musicians and producers who are fond of analog compression sound and its warmness.
Beside this, Crunchessor offers you a selection of compression coloration styles--by itself a pretty unique feature for a compressor. Choosing an appropriate coloration style, you can add the character most suitable for the program material you are working with. As an option, you can disable both coloration and valve warming processing to get a neutral and clean compression sound.
- Easy compressor tuning
- Valve warmness
- Coloration styles
- Fast and slow attack modes
- True side-chaining
- Gain reduction meter
- Factory presets
- "A-to-B" comparisons
- Mono-to-Stereo, Stereo-to-Stereo processing
- All sample rates supported
- 64-bit internal precision
- Native assembler DSP code
New in v2.8
- 64 Bit support
- Bugfix for crash when switching between routing presets
New in v2.7
- Additional automation parameters have been added for channel group 2.
- Key signal gain parameter has been added.
- Plug-in's pop-up windows now recover to the last position after reopening.
- Mouse backward and forward buttons can now be used for parameter value selection.
- A "Min Infrastructure" user interface display mode has been added.
- A "Flat Level Meters" level meter display mode has been added.
- A version change history information window has been added.
New in v2.6
- Parameter automation on AU Mac OS X now shows real parameter values.
- Preset "update" function implemented in the preset manager.
- The "VST Function Sync" global switch was added that fixes crashes in some hosts (i.e. Tracktion).
- "Density mode" implemented in level meters.
- The "No Multi-Channel Operation" global switch was added that fixes incompatibility with some non-VST2.3 compliant VST hosts.
- The "Show All Channel Meters" routing switch added.