Elephant is a transparent mastering limiter plug-in for professional music production applications - it provides sound limiting and loudness maximization without any audible "pumping" effects.
Elephant features a variety of limiter modes that can be deeply customized, and a comprehensive set of level metering tools. It can be used for mixing and mastering of both stereo and multi-channel music and sound material, at any standard sample rate.
Elephant, also featuring a DC offset filter, and a high-quality bit-depth converter with optional noise-shaping, allows you to finish your music and audio productions with a spark.
- Transparent limiting action
- 8 limiter modes
- 7 speeds for various styles of music
- Gain reduction VU meters
- Noise-shaped bit-depth converter
- RMS and peak RMS output counters
- Automatic attack and release
- DC removal filter
- Up to 4x oversampling
- "A-to-B" comparisons
- Factory presets
- Mono-to-Stereo, Stereo-to-Stereo processing
- Sample rates up to 96 kHz
- '64-bit internal precision
Changes in v3.10
- Bugfix for DC filter issue with oversampling switch fixed.
- Bugfix for Occasional crashes with oversampling enabled fixed.
Changes in v3.9
- The "Min Infrastructure" user interface display mode added.
- The "Flat Level Meters" level meter display mode added.
- Version change history information window added.
- The "Do Not Show Latency Changes" global switch added.
- Native 64-bit AudioUnit and VST support on Mac OS X added.
New in v3.6
- Real-time gain reduction and waveform graphs implemented.
- Mid/side and side-chain routing presets now appear dimmed to reduce confusion.
- Parameter automation on AU Mac OS X now shows real parameter values.
- Preset "update" function implemented in the preset manager.
- The "VST Function Sync" global switch was added that fixes crashes in some hosts (i.e. Tracktion).
- "Density mode" implemented in level meters.
- Occasional extreme CPU overloads eliminated at the expense of average increased CPU load.
- "Pure+3" output metering mode's peak indicator is now 3 dB lower.
- "Pure" and "Pure+3" metering modes are now known as "dBFS" and "dBFS+3" modes, respectively.
- The "No Multi-Channel Operation" global switch was added that fixes incompatibility with some non-VST2.3 compliant VST hosts.
- DC filter parameters are now specified for all channel groups to avoid phasing problems.
- The "Show All Channel Meters" routing switch added.
- Statistics "reset" function now resets statistics of all channels correctly.
- A minor issue fixed in the dithering stage.