SPAN is a "fast Fourier transform" audio spectrum analyzer plug-in that analyzes audio real time.
Span is derived from Voxengo's GlissEQ dynamic parametric equalizer and copies its spectrum analysis functionality. Span offers flexible options when analyzing audio. For example you can specify FFT window overlap percentage and Fourier block size in samples. You can also select a secondary spectrum for comparison and you can smooth out the spectrum for easier visual examination.
Span can analyze multiple channels and you can display the spectrum of different channel groups at the same time.
- Output signal power statistics.
- Internal channel routing.
- Undo/redo history.
- Clipping statistics.
- Multi-channel analysis.
- Channel grouping.
- A/B comparisons.
- Correlation meter.
- Mid/side analysis.
- Preset manager.
- Contextual hint messages.
New in v2.5
- If secondary spectrum is active, the delta between primary and secondary spectrums at cursor position is now displayed.
- Bugfix for crash related to UI resizing
New in v2.4.1
- Plug-in now works on older computers with Pentium 4 and Athlon 64 CPU.
- 64-bit VST issue with Mac OS X fixed.
- Crash issue reported on Mac OS X 10.5 fixed
- Other Bug fixes
New in v2.4
- Memory optimization
- Easily see version changes
- Flat Level Meters display
- Min Infrastructure interface
- 1-sample output peak level statistics
- Use the backward and forward mouse functions to adjust parameters
- Recall window position when closing window
- Resize your window to your preferred size
New in v2.3
- Right/left signal power difference readout added.
- "Filled Spectrum" spectrum display mode switch added.
- Level meter's "density mode" improved.
- Control surface crosshair option added (can be switched off in the global options).
New in v2.2
- Correlation meter values around -1 are now displayed correctly in the "density" mode.
- Statistics "reset" function now resets statistics of all channels correctly.
- K-metering modes now use fixed 600ms RMS and release time constants.
- Additional visual look variation settings added.
- Underlay color selection was removed - group's defined color is used now.
- "Hide Meters and Stats" switch added.
- Spectrum display is now more precise in high-frequency region.