|Software Music Machine Archive||
SPAN is a "fast Fourier transform" audio spectrum analyzer plug-in that analyzes audio real time.
Span is derived from Voxengo's GlissEQ dynamic parametric equalizer and copies its spectrum analysis functionality. Span offers flexible options when analyzing audio. For example you can specify FFT window overlap percentage and Fourier block size in samples. You can also select a secondary spectrum for comparison and you can smooth out the spectrum for easier visual examination.
Span can analyze multiple channels and you can display the spectrum of different channel groups at the same time.
- Output signal power statistics.
- Internal channel routing.
- Undo/redo history.
- Clipping statistics.
- Multi-channel analysis.
- Channel grouping.
- A/B comparisons.
- Correlation meter.
- Mid/side analysis.
- Preset manager.
- Contextual hint messages.
Related Music Production Equipment:
Check out our roundup of affordable Studio Monitors.
New in v2.10
- Added "Cyan" color scheme.
- Bugfix "Bypass" switch in VST3 in Cubase.
- Made the user interface scale switchable without host reload.
- Added 90%, 110% and 150% visual scales.
- Added ProTools 12+ AAX64 support.
New in v2.8
- Color scheme editor with load and save functions.
- Added "Brown" and "White" color schemes.
- Redesigned the infrastructure controls.
- Made internal channel names start at "C" to reduce confusion with the A/B comparison buttons.
- Smaller plugin file size
- Improved memory use efficiency
New in v2.8
- VST3 Support
- Minor bugfixes
New in v2.7
- Improved precision of "smoothed" graph drawing
- Bugfix for crash when 1/12 octave smoothing is enabled.
- Increased overall spectrum drawing precision.
New in v2.6
- Right-clicking on the spectrum will copy the frequency pointer to the clipboard.
- "dBFS.30" and "dBFS.15" metering options added.
- 1/9 and 1/12 octave smoothing options added.
- 65536 block size option added.
New in v2.5
- Bugfix for Crash issue in Apple Logic Pro
- If secondary spectrum is active, the delta between primary and secondary spectrums at cursor position is now displayed.
- Bugfix for crash related to UI resizing
New in v2.4.1
- Plug-in runs on older computers with Pentium 4 and Athlon 64 CPU.
- Bug fixes
New in v2.4
- RAM optimization
- Version History window
- Flat Level Meters display
- "Min Infrastructure" interface
- 1-sample output peak level statistics
- Use the backward and forward mouse functions to adjust parameters
- Remember window position when closing
- Resize your window to your preferred size
New in v2.3
- Right/left signal power difference readout added.
- "Filled Spectrum" spectrum display mode switch added.
- Level meter's "density mode" improved.
- Control surface crosshair option added (can be switched off in the global options).
New in v2.2
- Correlation meter values around -1 are now displayed correctly in the "density" mode.
- Statistics "reset" function now resets statistics of all channels correctly.
- K-metering modes now use fixed 600ms RMS and release time constants.
- Additional visual look variation settings added.
- Underlay color selection was removed - group's defined color is used now.
- "Hide Meters and Stats" switch added.
- Spectrum display is now more precise in high-frequency region.