VSamp is a long-awaited program that turns the Macintosh into an OMS and Sound Manager compatible multitimbral sample playback module. Configured like a simple sampler, VSamp can be setup to playback on 16 MIDI channels with up to 32 samples per channel, mapped and enveloped to user-defined configurations. This can then be driven by an OMS compatible sequencer, or the included application 'OMS Thru' running on the same computer. VSamp also includes a VST plugin that can play VSamp instruments from your sequencer.
- 128 voice polyphony
- 24-bit/96kHz support
- Resonant lowpass filters with realtime control
- Low frequency oscillators to modulate pitch and filters
- A VST plugin for playing VSamp instruments and banks from within Cubase, Logic and other sequencers
- The most stable and CPU-efficient sample player around
- VSamp application
- VSamp VST plugin
- VSamp VST Carbon plugin
- VSamp AU plugin
- VSamp Manual (Acrobat .pdf file)
- Demonstration instrument
New in v3.7.2
- Automatically set sample levels to give constant loudness using Auto Levels command.
- Fixed problem with multiple instances of VSamp VST under Cubase 4.
- Fixed problem where VSamp application would give distorted (buzzing) sound due to incorrect sample rate.
- VSamp Classic now has a larger memory allocation to fix startup problems under OS9.
- Fixed problem loading some types of AIFF files.