Yoshimi is a software synthesizer for Linux based on the 2.4.0 release of ZynAddSubFX.
This synth features the same capabilities with upgraded Jack and Alsa IDI/Audio functions.
This is a Linux only derivative of the original freeware software synth.
Yoshi attempts to do everything original Zyn does, but to do it well on Linux.
Changes in v1.1
- Less CPU hungry
- Per Part Jack outputs
- Improved handling of state files
- New knobs
- Various other fixes and enhancements
Changes in v1.0
- Modified INSTALL file and added instructions on how to build Yoshimi outside the source tree. Thanks to Jimmy for the instructions.
- Bugfix for microtonal loaded .xsz files
- Renamed Yoshimi icon.
- Applied patch from SourceForge ticket #3487751 (Simplify desktop file and install it and the icon file). Thanks to Tim harder for this patch.
- Yoshimi likes GCC >= 4.7 again.