basic 64 and basic 65 is a monophonic synth, inspired by the 8 bit sounds of the classic Commodore 64. It's not a straight emulation but is based around the SID chip with some extras for that 8-bit retro game sound, lofi gritty noises or just plain oddness.
Features of basic 64:
- 16, 8 or 6 bit sound quality.
- 3 oscs, each with their own ADSR envelope.
- Oscillators can be sync'd and ring modulated by each other.
- Pitch envelope modulation.
- Pitch wobble option, for subtle instability.
- 2 tempo-sync LFOs to modulate pitch, cut-off and pulse width.
- LFOs have attack/release curves.
- Tempo-sync arpeggiator.
- Flexible routing to state variable filter (LP, HP & BP).
- Envelopes can be reset or continuous at retrigger.
- Monophonic or polyphonic option.
- MIDI learn / MIDI CC support.
- 128 presets by sinkmusic & WhiskeyPriest.
New Features in basic 65:
- 2 tempo-sync LFOs having wide range of waveforms, including random and added phase
- Pulse width and pitch of individual oscillators are controlled by the Modulation envelope, as well as filter and dirt
- Envolpe can modulate Pulse width
- Both LFOs can control pitch of individual oscillators and pulse width
- Resonant filter with high pass, band pass, low pass, and notch modes
- Complex arp sounds brought about by 2 tempo-sync Arpeggiators in series
- Arp range, tempo and note length can be adjusted
- While one LFO also controls filter and dirt, the other can modulate the speed and depth of the first LFO
- Envelopes are non-linear and can be retriggered from zero or smoothed on each new note
- Pitch drift has variable depth and frequency
- Developed with SE 1.1, now works with multiple instances
- 128 presets created by sink covering leads, arps, bass, drums and lofi sounds
- the original basic 64 is also included in the download
Try the demo of basic 65 by de la Mancha.